Can u shock a vegging plant into herme?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Secondyearamatr, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I read a guy put both hands around the base of the main branch of a plant that was already way into veg and twisted both hands in opposite directions until something snapped inside the trunk he twisted. Says the plant hermed on him. Is this even plausable?:confused:

2. Why would you want to know is my question

3. I'd think that would stress it enough, and I'm a total noob.

4. Just trying to understand how the plants operate more so I would really like to know what a her me is as there are several differing opinions out there. OK truth is I f-ing did this after reading it would shock the plant into making more trichs. I don't really know if my mornic mishandlin of my girl caused it to turn herme or was it going to anyway. It never did have any sugar on it. I am such a sploot. :confused:

5. Sounds funky.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhlakIjSir0&list=PLAF8965F28847FA5F&index=40&feature=plpp_video]Atmosphere - Always Coming Back Home To You - YouTube[/ame]

6. plausible yes, but it could have just been circumstantial.. you'd have to test it yourself or find more info on google searches. i do know making coloidial silver and spraying branches for like 2 weeks makes them hermie. its kinda expensive, but atleast you would get fem seeds :)

7. I neglected to mention I am not sure I want to extend this particular strain. Friend of mine grew it and when he got to trying this Acapulco Gold he got like 10 seeds out of a bud and gave them to me. I think some of ya'll are suggesting I remove the herme (or shld have if I hadn't trashed it) and let it grow the "feminized seed" but I I don't know if that will simply increase the likelihood that I am going to produce chock-fullo-seeds bud?

8. [quote name='Secondyearamatr']I read a guy put both hands around the base of the main branch of a plant that was already way into veg and twisted both hands in opposite directions until something snapped inside the trunk he twisted. Says the plant hermed on him. Is this even plausable?:confused:

sounds like supercropping a vegging plant

9. Care to expound on that. As my handle suggests (and probably my posts) I am really not too knowledgeable. YET!

10. supercropping or bend & twist in a way to control hight in veg or get bigger yield in flower [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBgja9WPZI&feature=relmfu]Supercropping How To part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

11. sorry nip & bend or nip & twist

12. That was educational. Lets me know the mistakes I make and how to fix them. Believe it or not, I have a friend whom I went to high school with - we are 54 years stoned. He would not give me any advice whatsoever saying it's "proprietary." Well, that friendship is now over. Saying this to reiterate that why not share knowledge? Thanks for your help.

13. Anytime thanks for listening, knowledge is best shared as no man knows it all. A bit deep for me.