Can training (like lst) be passed on as a trait in certain strains?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by JinTerra, Jun 5, 2021.

1. I hope I worded that question right.

I haven't noticed it in any grows I've done but a buddy of mine who is doing small scale grows (2 plants or so) notice that a few of his plants overtime in the veg stage will stretch out their stems as if they were getting tied down then perk back up like the way they were before.

His lighting seems sufficient for his size grow and they are in soil.

I first I thought maybe it might be a lighting issue but they are growing full and healthy.

Can training techniques be passed on to some strains if done long enough to cause this behavior?

Love to hear everyone's input on this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. No

BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Not sure what you mean by pass on but technically that's not possible. LST is a external process, its like asking if a school can be passed as a trait to your kids.
    What is possible is that a plant has peculiar growth pattern that might resemble LST, or that there is some other factor causing stress and evidently the growth pattern.
    Got any Pics?

4. I'll ask my buddy for a few. It's his grow. I felt like it was a no but just considering how a couple of his plants were behaving it just resembled that kind of behavior.
    Maybe it's also worth mentioning that its always the sativas or the sativa dominant hybrids.

He also has Garlicane growing and its not doing that at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. This is possible but unlikely...the only trait I can think of would be the excess of Jasmoinic acid,

that trait could be passed down but only after many many generations

JA is used like in humans as an antibody and heals the cuts that are done on any lst/trim

understand the red in light stimulates the hormones (auxens?) that create 'stretch'

good luck

6. Cool idea. Reminds me of an article I read about how Elephants are growing without tusks now from the external pressure of poachers.

Female Elephants Are Evolving Without Tusks in Mozambique | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

Is your friend using wide containers by any chance?