can they legally do this?

Discussion in 'General' started by rileyscool101, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Stand up or get out of the country really. Would you go to a foreign country and diss their country by not standing during their anthem if it mentions God. It's respect dude. you'll get it one day. Teacher does sound like a douche, but he could be a veteran or maybe lost a loved one who died in service or something. Maybe it's more than just about how YOU feel or what YOU belive. Good luck in whatever you do bud.

2. These days it seems nobody knows how to stand up for their country though, I guess. Literally.

I do, though.

3. #103 cball, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012

18, you have rights, constitutional rights regardless of the school. As others pointed out, the issue has precedence and you can sue if the teacher infringes on your rights and/or punishes you for not bending to his demands to forfeit your rights.

Take a video/voice recorder to school with you and record his treats...and upload them to some social media sights...that teacher won't have a job long.:wave:

This is America, if you wanted to burn the flag you have the constitutional right to do so. (uh, just be sure it is a flag YOU paid for...else it is destruction of some other persons property..)

BTW, I'm a decorated vet...very patriotic.

4. A lot of you folks need to get it through your skulls: America is not just about doing whatever everyone else is doing, or doing things because it's what the majority feels like that's the right thing to do. It's your right to not give a shit about anything or anyone around you, including patriotism or the flag or the military or whatever else self-proclaimed patriots deem that you should have respect for. Land of the free. Did everyone forget about that?

The words of Robert H. Jackson: "If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein."

5. It took me a while but think about it... OP hasn't said a word in , what, 11 pages?
    [​IMG]

6. I'm grateful of the armed services, and standing up for your country is commendable.

Its the land of the free, you said it yourself. So everyone can do as they please. But the majority of people are reciting the pledge. It is the land of the free, and thats how they are choosing to use that right.

Yeah, technically you should be able to not stand for the pledge. But when everyone else is exercising the right to do that, if your choosing not too, your just being difficult. Yeah you have the right to do as you please, but don't intrude on everyone elses beliefs.

And you can say the exact same thing about the non pledgers. They shouldn't be intruded on by all the people reciting the pledge. But guess what. Thats not the way the world works. You always have majorities and minorities, the world doesn't run according to a piece of paper. Its called reality.

And the reality is, that most people don't mind doing the pledge. So if you DO mind, your in the minority. Thats just the way the world works, cut your losses and move on.

7. ...

What?

8. Really? So you have no problem going to visit another country and just cracking open the Quran and chanting away, eh? Who's God do YOU believe in, and would you respect someone who doesn't believe in any "God"? Things to think about when speaking of "respect" for other religions.

Any TRUE Veteran would know and respect a persons choice to participate in such an event, for it is that very freedom of choice that they fought for and brought home, so drop the anti-patriotic bullshit excuse already.

And for those of you who just say "just stand up" as some half-ass attempt to comply and not even bother to recite the pledge? What's the point in that? Standing for standings sake? To put standing for standings sake into perspective, I also "just stand up" when I take a piss in front of a urinal.

You're going to school to obtain and education, but that certainly doesn't mean that people on the other side of the desk are magically exempt from learning a thing or two about established case law.

9. :bolt:

10. There exists this thing called common courtesy.
    I respect anyone's wishes to not recite the Pledge.
    It is indecent though to sit at your desk or be fucking around whilst other's are honoring the Flag.
    Yes use the options I and others gave you earlier to fight the recital, but get off your happy ass and stand.
    After all do we not stand to honor other Countries Anthems and flags? We do not have to sing, nor salute their flag, yet we do extend a common courtesy. :smoke:

11. Sorry, I'm high, I thought it was fairly clear, but I realize it was kinda jumbled, I'll try to put it in lamest terms for you.

"It's your right to not give a shit about anything or anyone around you, including patriotism or the flag or the military or whatever else self-proclaimed patriots deem that you should have respect for."

The majority of America has no problem with the PoA. And it is that majorities right to not give a shit about anything or anyone else.

This is reality.

The world does not bend to every little change of opinion. The majority rules. Thats just the way the world works, and the people who don't like the PoA, should just accept this, cut their losses, and move on.

-----Thats what I was trying to say.

Now personally, I think people who complain about that shit are just pessimistic, your just causing problems. the entire class shouldn't be disrupted because one guy has a different opinion. The majority rules. This is the way the world works.

12. and This.

13. #113 HankMoody, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012

No its not how about you respect and have common courtesy for someone who chooses not you stand nor pledge. Plus, some people don't agree with the pledge for the word 'god' in it. The word 'god' was actually added in later!

Its the most stupidest thing someone can do. The masses of people blindly pledging to a corrupt government, nor does it actually listen to its people. Not to mention, the countless countries we invade for our own personal interest for profit and oil. The funny thing is, i bet the flags in schools at least are made in china.

No thanks! Now respect my choice to not pledge.

14. #114 DeletedUsername123, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    Some people don't realize how easy they have it here. If you are so against the government then get the fuck out of here. Go to a 3rd world country or some place like China and realized how great it is her. Shit! And big fucking deal if it has the word God in it. Are you some of you so high strung that you can't say something because of one word? That's like not reading books or watching movies that talk about God.
    /rant

EDIT: This was written when I was getting pissed off from every little thing, so don't take offense or anything, but the concept still holds true.

15. Don't stand for the pledge the concept is fucked up and evil it is brainwashing at it's best. Stand up for what you believe in call the teacher out tell him as a FREE citizen you won't do it be firm and stay seated whatever you do!

16. I'm done with this thread, most of you people are hopeless. I guess you really do need to lose your freedoms to know what they're worth, and that all of them are equal and worth fighting for. It's not about individual, specific issues. It's about principle.

For the record, the majority does not rule. That's a Democracy, and we live in a Republic. Learn the difference.

17. I think Freedom of Speech also implies that people can't make you say things against your will.

RIGHT?

fuck

18. The constitution was established to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
    Otherwise, church attendance and prayer in school would be mandatory as well.

19. I take it you don't read newspapers nor watch the news...today, a minority rules (1%)...the majority are just sheep being led to the slaughterhouse.

20. "i pledge no allegiance, ***** fuck the presidents speeches" - Immortal Technique.