Can the existance of God be proved by science?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RGCL, Jun 2, 2012.

1. #1 RGCL, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    Imagine if scientists made a discovery that we are in fact telepathic,

would telepathy be a reasonable explanation for the phenomenon of

Gods featured in Religions all around the world? And would prayer,

which is commonly seen as ridiculous, have a rational foundation?

I think that it is quite obvious that in many cases that we see these

days that Atheists are responsible for making pretensions about

what Religion is and what Religious people believe, and can not

understand Religion as a form of communication and language.

If science proved that we are telepathic, as it may appear to be

the case coming out of the woodwork, would this influence your

perception of Religion in some way or another, or do you defy

Religion as a principle based on your own experiences with it?

How does telepathy improve the intellectual integrity of Religion?

Imagine that what people were describing as Religion were deep

personal experiences of hearing someone talking within them;

imagine that everyone's voice was projected from their minds,

and entered into a giant static field of other thoughts; could a

phenomenon like this not be classified as a telepathic deity?

A voice this powerful would have a lot of influence on the way that

you act, and a voice that complex would be a highly debatable topic;

so beyond a figurative idea that can be used as crowd control,

can Religion also not be a natural phenomenon of the psychic mind?

Clearly Religion has come to mean many things, and that is why I

classify it as a mode of communication and language; because the

idea has come to represent more than just itself, but the things

that we observe throughout our life-times; commonly, in many cases

Religion is used as a description of the sublime elements of nature.

So why is it that if we are telepathic, that we can not realize it now?

It seems like that if it were true, it would be so easy to collude during a game

of cards; so how is it reasonable that we can be telepathic and not even know it?

Imagine that you are Isaac Newton, and you are sitting under an apple tree; after

an apple falls off the tree and onto the ground, you make a startling epiphany;

that the apple must have been pulled to the ground by a force called gravity.

Such a simple thing would appear to be obvious, but that moment is often

times hailed as one of the most important moments in the history of science.

With examples like this, is it possible for you to believe that we have been

telepathic this whole time? And if science could prove it, would it change your

opinion on Religion, history, and your whole entire life? Think about it.

2. This looks like it's formatted to be some kind of paper. If it is a school paper, I hope it's not one meant for persuasive writing.

If we were telepathic, we would have the qualities of telepaths. As we do not (that I'm aware of) display those qualities, we cannot assume that we are telepaths. That doesn't prevent us from imagining or even expecting to someday possess mental abilities beyond those we already have. Whether telepathy is among them is anyone's guess.

Science asks us to theorize, experiment, and evaluate results. If one day we have an ability like telepathy as a commonly used ability, that could be part of how we conduct science. If we all end up with some spiritual sixth sense, we will be able to evaluate it using science. If that leads to the discovery of a higher intelligence or another order of existence, science will enable that discovery using the senses we have at our disposal in the future.

But that's a long way off for a species bent on killing itself, and I'm not sure I'd bet on that ever happening.

3. #3 RGCL, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    ( I wrote it on the spot for this forum. )

I think that there are qualities which display that we are telepathic,

the symptoms wouldn't be contrived like many of us would imagine

would come from a comic book Hero; but the reality of telepathy

could be much more complicated than we have taken for granted.

If anything, my point is that Religious documentation can be

considered a form of evidence for telepathic interaction.

Imagine that the use of telepathy required specific knowledge,

and like a programmer, the telepathic being would have to learn

how to write codes; then it would be easier to understand

why direct telepathic experiences have not been identified.

4. I believe in telepathy, somewhat strongly as well.

Numerous times this happens, I'll be sitting in a room with some friends and it's almost as if we read eachother's thoughts.

I'll think something, a moment later someone speaks it out loud word for word.

I'll say something out loud and someone will say "I was just thinking the exact same thing"

It's something that happens constantly, and even some of the time are very random thoughts that is too far out to be coincidence.

I think we've been conditioned to think that stuff like this is ludicrous and should be instantly thrown out without any consideration. Anyone who thinks this is possible is deemed mentally ill and should be institutionalized, according to the mainstream.

Ever wonder how flocks of birds move in such harmony and grace? How schools of fish come together and seem to act as one?

In the same sense that all your cells come together as one to create you, I believe all mankind is intertwined and connected at a higher level, yet it's been shoved down our throat that we are individuals, completely separate from everything else.

I truly believe this couldn't be farther from the truth, and that we're all simply one mind experiencing itself subjectively.

5. Telepathy may exist, or there may be other explanations for why it seems to happen at times. For one thing, if I'm with good friends, they might be good friends precisely because they have a similar way of thinking. So it might be more likely that we are talking about something, and finding the exact same ways of thinking about or expressing ideas.

The problem is that it's not reliable. There can be plenty of doubt, even if you encounter convincing moments. But worse than that in the context of a thread about whether science could explain it is that it's not (currently) something that reliably happens. Maybe the species is on the cusp of achieving this ability commonly, and if/when that then I expect science will be able to begin to deal with it.