Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can the dentist know if you smoke once a week?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by arewdss, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Or the day before?

2. Not unless you got chunks of weed in your teeth.

3. dude I always blaze up before I go to the dentist and I don't think they can tell. I don't think they would know if you did a day before haha. They aren't doing a drugtest. They're looking at your teeth.

4. :hello:

5. im not really here to tell you yes or no, but to share my experience.

I was just at the dentist at the other day, but I dont really smoke any more, I just vaporize. I vape every day. was telling the dentist that I didnt drink soda or smoke. I have pretty healthy teeth too. not sure how much of it is genetics, both of my parents ruined their teeth with those substances(mostly cigarettes). same went down when I was at the dentist a year or two ago, when I WAS SMOKING pretty much every day.

just brush your teeth, brush your tounge, dont forget the inside of your teeth either. brush thoroughly and floss. all that good stuff, and your dentist will like your healthy teeth.

6. The effect smoke has on your teeth depends on what you are smoking. You're smoking weed... so if you brush regularly, they won't be able to tell unless you've got any weed in your teeth. So floss!!

7. smoking enough and not using fluorides or other rinses like listerine will let your teeth stain over time.. i smoked heavy (NOT cigarettes, just pot) for over a year and never really used listerine on a regular basis and the dentist asked me if i smoked because there were small stains forming on my very back molars (i went with the tea excuse :eek: ).. other than that he said i was golden, so brush n floss often and you should be fine if youre only smoking once a week.. it would take so long for anything to even begin to show.

8. you dont need to rinse like that all the time. brush and floss properly and thoroughly is more important.

Drinking lots of soda and coffee can stain your teeth, too, and will help smoking stains show. And how many people can say theu dont smoke any tobacco ever? not a cigarette, blunt, or spliff? I can, but I meet very few people like that.

9. From my experience they always seemed to ask me every so often, and ironically that's when I haven't smoked in about a half year... so I doubt they could, unless of course you smoke almost all the time and don't have any regular dental hygiene.

10. like they can really tell if theres been smoke in your mouth, and if that smokes been weed. even then i doubt they would really care.

11. Not like they can do anything about it anyway.

12. The only way to tell by your mouth other than the obvious, is a saliva test. Which is highly unlikely. But even if they were to do one, they are horrible so it probably wouldn't even show up on that.

13. YES THEY CAN TELL. I'm saying this from experience, they don't tell by your teeth, they can tell by the condition of your throat.... been there.

14. how often did you smoke?

15. Do they even care? It's not the police looking in your mouth. If they say you have been smoking weed, just be like and...? What are you going to do about it? They really have no authority over you. Cigarettes have a much more lasting effect on your teeth, so if anything they should be glad your smoking weed and not cigarettes :laughing:

16. I'm not sure what kind of dentists you guys are going to but my hygienist is usually DEA and the secretary is ATF.

Not normal?

17. I'd be more worried about Mom

18. Everyday, multiple times. They can't do anything about it though and they can't tell if it's marijuana... but still, nothing would happen even if they could decipher if it was marijuana or not.