Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can somone please clear a few things up for me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mellowed_out, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I have been smoking occasionally for the past 6 months, about 1-2 times a week, but have recently been low on money so have taken a break.

I have been reading these forums and seeing people talk about what they pay for their marijuana and how the prices vary depending on where you live.

I live in SoCal, and have been paying $20/gram & $50/eighth for high quality dank. I just can't stand paying that much! But, I have been reading on here that is a reasonable price.

The bud I have been purchasing has been from the dispensery, through my friends with cards. They have sold me the dankest available, but is it just smarter to buy in bulk? If that is going to save me money, that is what I'm going to do, along with only using vaporization.

Let me know what you guys think, tips, suggestions, etc.
    I'm still a little ignorant to some things that go along with smoking herb! Thanks!

2. Always by in bulk if you can

and $50 for a 1/8th of Club shit is a good deal. Most people pay 60+

3. Yeah, $50 per eighth is really good, and buying in bulk will always save money as long as you're not the type to smoke it faster just because you have it.

4. I'm definetly not the type of person to use it all up in one sitting. I'm stoked because I'm a fuckin' lightweight! I only need to smoke 1-2 bowls (small sized) to get BAKED. Its good because my weed lasts a long time!

I'm wondering though...I'm such a lightweight right now, but if I continue to smoke more often, will my tolerance go up like everyone says it will? Because I have heard that it takes years for someone to build up a marijuana tolerance??

5. I wish I was paying that out here. It's like 55 for beasters, forget dank.

But if you have some modicum of self control and can keep your stash a secret, buy some mason jars/airtight jars (glass seems to be preferable), and buy in bulk. It's much cheaper, as long as you can keep yourself from smoking it all up.

6. Tolerance can take any amount of time to build up; basically whenever you smoke, you're building a tolerance. If you smoke regularly, you could build up a quite big tolerance in a few months; if you smoke once a week, you'll probably build up a barely noticeable tolerance.
    And yeah, buying in bulk is definitely the most economic way to buy bud. If ya do, just make sure you got an airtight jar to keep your buds in, man, if you're gonna have bud for more than a week.

7. I pay 45$ for club eighths but would pay 50$, I would buy a full ounce of club bud if i were you for...300$ max imo

8. Honestly, everyone is different. 0.5g gets me prettttty damn high, even though I smoke often, while alot of people here consider a gram or more to be their standard amount.

9. If you dont want to pay that much just lower the quality of the weed your buying.

10. Ya i live in cen-cal/ nor-cal and i get eighths for anywhere between 40 to 60, all club shit and extemely dank. I usually buy an eighth every 2 weeks or so but now that its summer i think im going to buy QP's and try and stretch it longer...

11. the best thing to do would be to just get some lower grade stuff, if u are ok with that

and since u have been breaking, it won't seem any different, and when u can afford dank shit, it'll seems like a treat!!!

i for one have no choice but to smoke the dank, or not smoke at all

aamof, if i tried to get bammer, i'd have to hunt for a while for that shit

dank is always just a call away

12. lol get an eigth and then get friends to throw down each or every other sesh...

thats what I do.

I mean I smoke em out once in a while or noobs

but most of my friends are wealthier than me

13. ya dude if you are getting it from clubs than the price is legit. Id say if you want to save money than save up and buy ounces. A much better deal imo.

14. I just fucking got what imo means...

15. If you really want to be cheap then you can get the Baker's Mix ounce for a $100 at the club.

16. Well that depends. Any kind of bud goes bad over time, just like bread or food or any perishable substance. My suggestion to you is to buy enough in one purchase so that you'd be set for a month.

17. Also if you're turned off by prices, think of it in terms of quality. I don't know if you drink beer, but what would you rather drink: a natty or a Sam Adams? Most people would say sam adams, and because you want to buy the sam adams of weed, you're going to have to pay a bit more for that. But the quality is worth it.

18. If you are smoking dank med buds, and taking every hit to the dome, I cannot imagine anyone short of B-Real or OSG not getting high off a .7 joint. I mean, I know I would, and I know my boys do, and a lot of my friends have smoked every day for a long, long, long time. And $50/eighths club shit is crazy, wish I had that hook.