Can someone weigh out something for me?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LD100, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble with my clones (that have since started new growth) drooping after their light cycle, except for the newest leafs. Trying to determine if I have overwatered (it's my guess) I was wondering if any of you that are growing a new plant about the size of mine, in a red cup, with some airy soil (I'm using fox farms) could weigh one of yours so I can get a rough comparison. Weird question, I know, but it's a thought *shrugs*

Thanks
    LD

2. #2 hipster, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    This is what I did with my current grow and it might work for you. Take an identical cup with the same soil mix in it (dry). Lift it up and then lift up the plant cup. Feel the difference? When your plant cup feels lite when you pick it up water till runoff. Don't water again until it feels lite to pick up. You can't water too much but you can water too often. ;)

3. Thanks for the quick reply! I've been doing the "feel" test, but I'm just not used to the feel of cups; used to all my other, much larger plants. That's a great idea to test it against an all soil-filled cup. Not quite sure why I didn't think of that, lol! The ones that are drooping feel a bit on the heavy side, but not too bad. They're perking up now that their lights have gone on for today about 30mins ago. :hello: Hopefully they'll suck up that water and be good to go!

I'm keeping a log of my grow, you should check it out if you're interested. I'll be putting new pictures up today. :D I wish ya luck on your grow!

4. put those puppies in some bigger pots. they will retain water for longer. if your testing to see if you should water. stick your finger in the soil. if the top 1.5 inches is totally dry you should think about watering again.