Can someone tell me why

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by ThroatPuncher, Nov 8, 2012.

1. this happens when i resin hit out of this steam roller

photo.jpg

the tube is usually solid resin but when i resin hit it, it like clears out into like almost an oil and it comes of like when u peel the breading off fried chicken haha. so if you have any info id love to know

2. this is the whole steamroller. i dunno if it makes a difference but it might
    photo (4).jpg

3. well no one answered but thats ok cause i went to bust out my pipes and what do ya know it was broken. :mad:

photo (5).jpg

photo (6).jpg

you were my shit. the inspiration behind my GC username. my first piece of glass. you will be missed throat puncher. RIP

4. Why does God take our pieces when we need them most?

Indeed RIP. That thing is bad ass!

5. haha yeah man it was super thin and it was hard to pack the bowls. the bowl was like the perfect size to put a sharpie down to pack it. and it was like a .75g bowl.

6. it was doing that because you were heating up the resin so much that the resin in the tube melted

7. Bout to go to a shop and get a new piece. I might post it later.

8. I don't think that's it. It's still just hot smoke travelling through the pipe, whether it's resin or buds.

My thought was that resin has more moisture to it (and sometimes can be outright wet), so maybe that's just condensation from heating something that's not as dry as buds would be.

That's just a guess though.

9. Have a proper funeral for him. Nug as a headstone.

10. That sucks what happened to it but you can probably fix it. It won't be the same but it could live to be smoked out of another day.

11. Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it and this next hit is for all of you.