Can someone help me identify this problem please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Numbnutts, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Hey blades I have a few nl x la conf. X skywalkers I created last grow and a couple are having this issue. Can you guys figure this out. Never seen it. I think it's just dried out because I sprayed em and left em too close to the lights what do you guys think.

In promix with only worm castings.
    Only water plain water so far.

It doesn't seem to be spreading except for the leaf that is affected is slowly dying which fucked up ones don't recover anyway right?

Attached Files:

2. To me it looks like either some nutrients splashed onto the leaf from the soil while you were watering it and gave it a nutrient burn or some water got splashed onto the leaf and then caused a magnifying effect and burnt the leaves...

It doesn't look like a deficiency to me so I wouldn't do anything drastic yet.

Do you use any NPK nutes or anything? Are they in veg or flower?

3. Thanks for the reply. They're only two weeks not even so there's no nutrients yet. The only nutes is the earthworm castings. This happened about four days ago. I was spraying the plants with plain water and tossing em ten inches from my two six hundreds. I think they got burned by the magnification effect. The new growth is ffine. Perfect actually

4. Ohh cool man I didn't realize they were so young.

Yea, my 600s can and have burnt the hell out of my plants from spraying them and having them in there...

BTW, I put my lights about 2 feet from the tops because I believe that it makes them grow much faster and lusher...

Good luck

5. Thanks brother. I pulled mine back a little too. Seedlings really don't even need that much light. I grew a plant under one cfl. Granted it took longer and was smaller than the hps. But it got all the way through veg no problem.

6. Is that leaf Layin in the dirt?

7. Yessiree it was back when that leaf was the top. It was soaked and sitting in the dirt. And the light was ten inches away.

8. that is for sure heat damage. this can happen even in complete darkness if you let the temps get high enough.

9. Looks a little burnt to me. See how just the edge is dry. Thats from heat. IMO:D

10. how do you like the promix? i need to purchase a medium.

if the issue is not systemic, i wouldnt worry about it too much, unless its bugs.

11. It's definitely the heat. I knew it too when I did it. I knew it was too close.
    The promix is amazing IMO I've had an assload of success with it and minimal problems. All the problems were of my own making.

12. heat can cause the leafs to get bleached also. ive seen it a few times where just the tips get light colored and super crispy like that. and ive also seen it get pretty bad to where it bleached them and looked like really bad nute burn.

heres a leaf on one of my plants, that i let get way too hot on accident. i put it in 48hrs of darkness, in a small box with a fan in it, and didnt watch the temps. when i took it out, it was light colored on the tips of a few leafs and they were twisted and curled up. a few days later all of the older leafs were bleached and looked pretty much identical to the op's pic. on mine even the new growth came out being bleached as it started to grow.
    [​IMG]

13. Okay
    Me and you Castlepines a lot of baths and nice and also my moms national harbor Maryland Anderson or why she wanted you know that you Luckton you love a nice to send Menzola
    Ple

14. Thanks brother. That's exactly it. I wicked appreciate the post man. I'm feeling lighter now.

Oh and please excuse that crazy jibber ish that posted I'm laying putting my son to sleep and Siri was being a creep listening in on us when we were snuggling. Hahaha. Dumb bitch was so far off the actual words I said its comical. Gotta love these iPhones.

15. i want some but i cant find 2 cu ft of it anywhere

16. You should only foliar spray your plants just before lights off. That way you don't get burns from the lights.

17. The new growth looks fine and green I wouldn't worry about one leaf with discoloration on such a youngish plant. Quit being such a paranoid noob...:smoking::p

18. Ya like I told you before and like you already know this is heat burn, but this what mine looked like when it happened:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. that looks more like nute burn, no?