Can someone help me find this issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CarterCannabis, Apr 26, 2016.

1. What's up blades, Carter here. I've grown a plenty few times (never completely by myself as I am here, though) and things are usually pretty smooth sailing. I'm used to the normal old leaf wear and tear, but does anyone know what this is? I doubt it's normal, but is it?
    A little background info, PHd distilled water to 6.0-6.8. Ive hardly used nutes and when I have, it was at 1/4 strength as these are autoflowers and in ffof (tends to have a lot of nutrients). My temps never go above 85, and when they do, I do something to fix the issue a few degrees (moving fans, etc..). They honestly have showed no signs of heat stress (unless this is one lol). But my circulation is great, I have two larger PC fans and a desktop fan blowing things around well in a 2X2 area. I can feel air movement no matter where I put my hand in the bottom half of the tent. I have an exhaust fan that's doing a good enough job, just an axial, I say good enough for the temps. It's rather loud and noisy for how non-efficient it is.
    Anyway, here's a link to my journal where I've been very detailed
    Carters closet expedition and conversation
    and I'll drop some pics here.
    Thanks ahead of time for the help and any input is gratefully accepted. [​IMG][​IMG]

It only seems to be on the older-bottom leaves

[​IMG][​IMG]

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

2. Bump, could it be a mold or a fungus?

Mine are in the dirt."

3. From what I read, I would say it could be a magnesium deficiency. I think some Epsom salt mixed into your water should help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi auqalung is rite... lower ya ph as magnesium can not be absorbed by ya plants at such high ph. Go for 5.8 to6.2 max for siol love. This shud help along wi epson salt or calmag .. ya ph is key thought to not get it in first place. Good luck love and happy growing .. im sure ya will be ok wen dun as mentioned above x xxx

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was thinking the same thing but I've been dosing with cal/mag. Isn't another surefire symptom purple stems? Mine are not. The last few waterings were 6.5, are you saying this is too high?

Thanks for the input guys.

Mine are in the dirt."

6. Using calmag when you are out of pH won't do much. However for soil you are in a good range according to the charts I've seen, here is one.

[​IMG]

Here is one for soilless/Coco/hydro

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. I understand the whole nutrient uptake under optimal pH and how nutrient lockout can occur, and it looks like at 6.5 I shouldn't have issues?

Mine are in the dirt."

8. Thanks for those charts, they're perfect.

Mine are in the dirt."

9. Hi lv. Charts seem ya in range lv. But only going on my experience. Ive grown soil for over 6yrs and never gone over 6.2 ... i realise every plant and everys opinon different love but just advising you how i av always done ph etc . Never ad a deficiency yet but like i say everyone diffent. Purple stalks nirmally nitrogen toxicity love. If again ph wrong then nitrogen can be absorbed at higher ph range than mag and calcium etc. If ya try other things and it dont work then yry liwing ya ph live. I wood not advise it if i was not confident about the ph etc. I wood never advise sum thing that i wud not do myself thats tried and tested. Good luck love. Hope it works out love xxxx

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weird right? Oh, alright cool. I guess I'll start watering with pH a bit lower around your 6.2 level. Maybe it'll balance out something higher going on in my soil. Thanks for your input!

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Does it look like its getting worse day by day?

12. It's actually not spreading.. So I'm thinking it could have been just a little funk. I'm keeping my eye on it though.

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have to keep mine lower too, I was just posting the charts for reference. He is within a range it should, in soil, work. But clearly something is amiss

Nature doesnt always play by the rules haha

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gotcha. I was just thinking it could be splash burn from accidentally splashing nutes on the leaves when feeding.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Those are a good reference, I'll definitely be using them.
    Theoretically, right? Lol
    Nature has rules?!

That's a good and valid theory for sure, but I've never splashed on them or anything, not to my knowledge anyway.

Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi love. Yeh its weird !!! Hope it works out love . Like i say.... wud never advise something i wood not do myself love.. let me no how it goes but new growth shud be nice love. Happy growing love xxxx

• Like Like x 2
  17. when you are checking pH, are you checking both the solution being fed, and the run off from the pots? Just out of curiosity

• Like Like x 2
  18. This is exactly what your looking at

If life gives you lemons
    You make lemonade

19. Runoff after today's water was 7.2 .. Does that mean I should water with even lower pH? It's ocean forest, thought this soil was supposed to be balanced. I've never had any problems in the past.

Mine are in the dirt."

20. Haven't used nutes enough to splash them (I don't splash on my leaves when I water, either,) nor at a concentration that would burn them.

Mine are in the dirt."