can someone clarify?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by EMP, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Okay, so I want to make a homemade vape and have read about so many options such as a lightbulb. I've also been hearing about hakko irons. Here is my deal.

I have a grey goose bottle that I want to drill a hole at the top, put in a decent bowl, cut a choke hole somewhere on the bottle, and then another hole from the mouth piece which I want to attack some clear tubing to for easy passing around.

If I use a hakko (clone but soldering station with ceramic tip) and light up the bowl, is that vapor?

How does using a ceramic tip to light your bowl compare with making a lightbulb version and using a lighter or something to heat the glass?

thanks in advance. I'll leave this thread open for my log.

2. Are you talking about lighting a normal bowl with a hot ceramic piece? Depends how hot it is, I suppose. If it's above vaporization temperature but below combustion temperature, I imagine it would vaporize the bud instead of burning it.

3. yes, I am trying to figure out the difference between lighting a regular bowl with a ceramic tip and a homemade lightbulb vaporizer.