Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can somebody answer my questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by linkman553, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Okay, I'm not completely new to smoking. I have been smoking everyday for about 2 and a half months. There are some things, however, that I'm wondering about.

What sort of effects does long term smoking have?

Lately when I pack my cap I kind of start to feel a little high before I even smoke. Is that just me or is that something that happens? Like could that be a conditioned response?

Why is it if you smoke a lot you feel tired the next day? Is it because of the actual use of marijuana, or because being high means you dont get as good sleep and therefor are tired the next day.

There was a few other questions I had....but i forget now that i'm actually on the forum.

2. i dont think smoking has any bad long term effects maybe u get a little forgetful but if u smoke healthy from a vape its a lot healthier than smoking spliffs like i do. ive been smoking for a few months and im fine i dont really have any bad effects only im pissed off when i have no bud. usually smoking makes me sleep better and i feel fine in the morning. everyone is different i guess :confused:

3. Whats up man? Been smokin for years now on the daily, lemme try to answer some of your qs.

There are really no noticable long term effects from smoking everyday except for maybe cardio gets a bit tougher from inhaling burnt plant material everyday multiple times a day, but I'm in real good shape anyways so I honestly don't even notice it.

I don't really notice bein tired the next day anymore but I suppose thinking back to my early days I would get that feeling. I geuss you just get used to it... and theres nothing better than a wake and bake to fix that right up lol.

Never was good at psychology so I can't answer that other question lol

4. #4 NirVus, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    i smoke alot of regs, brickweed and if you smoke that stuff every hour it makes you tired as hell. long term smoking can affect your memory, i can vouch for that. maybe lung problems, thats why i try to smoke out of water bongs , so it will filter the tar( resin) you get inside a pipe, is prolly what your lungs will look like after years of smoking, like me.... filter your weed as much as possible, buy a nice water bong and attachments....for 75 bucks or less, i got a EHLE for 50 bucks it holds ice to make the smoke smoother also!! ........by the way, marijuana is a gateway drug, i never believed my teachers, but if i never started i wouldnt have done half the drugs ive used!

5. if ur tired the next day its cuz ur smokin shitty weed haha, and if ur getting a rush b4 u smoke that adrenaline, i get it b4 i spark a blunt somtimes

6. That's your fault.

Not the pot's.

My guess is if you wouldn't have picked up that beer, you probably would never have tried marijuana.

7. Yeah weed definitely messes up your memory.
    Thats really the only long term effect I have felt with it.

As for sleeping, I think thats just you. I am an insomniac and I smoke weed to help me sleep :)

8. #8 glasscollector, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    What sort of effects does long term smoking have?

I am sure there are some side effects but nothing like smoking cigs, there has been no research to show that smoking MJ leads to cancer of anykind. The biggest thing is short term memory lost but its really not that big of a thing after smoking for years you will start to forgot things from time to time but older stoners are good and writing things down so we can remember shit, I just made some adaptations to the way I live and dont see it as a side effect, hell somedays I come home from work and smoke till I forget the day away so in some cases, memory loss is a good thing! LOL>

Lately when I pack my cap I kind of start to feel a little high before I even smoke. Is that just me or is that something that happens? Like could that be a conditioned response?

lol, just your brain getting excited you're not really high yet.

Why is it if you smoke a lot you feel tired the next day? Is it because of the actual use of marijuana, or because being high means you dont get as good sleep and therefor are tired the next day.

I think this will wear off with time, I sleep better when I can smoke before bed than when I cannot as you get used to the high more you will fell less "hungover" in the morning. Time will heal this.

9. Hey man, the only noticable long term effects on me are "short-term memory" (not actual memory) and the fact that when i stop smoking after a while my body has to adjust to not smoking... but thats all normal

and dude.. that "high" you feel before you smoke is why everyone here smokes.. because weed is awesome and you cant wait to light that shit on fire..:p:)

and i really dont get tired the next day though....

10. Well I didnt expect that many responses. It was very helpful, thanks. I kind of figured about the memory cause I already have noticed that haha. But sometimes when i'm not high and im talking to somebody i studder or don't know what to say. I feel like I'm not as sharp anymore because I smoke.

I remembered one of my other questions. How much smoking is too much? Like whats a good moderate amount of smoking? Once a day, Once a week...ect.?

Also, the days I felt tired I was smoking good nug! Its just I was smoking like all day haha.

11. o so theez gai wantid to no eef weed makes u dumb cuz it dasent

12. long term would be not as great short term memory, for me atleast. havent noticed anything else. but if u smoke before bed ur body takes alot longer to go into REM therefore if u dont sleep the amount of hours your supposed to ur body wont have been in REM as long as it shouldve so you will be tired etc. but i havent noticed pot makin me tired the next day

13. Been smoking for 10yrs..

Maybe my appetite. Easier to eat when im high. When im sober I can go 2-3days with out eating. Because I dont even think about food.

If i got a full week smoking everyday. Then run out. and dont get more for a few days. Ill have trouble sleeping.

But other then that. I have no real problems.

The cigarettes i smoke on the other hand... are going to kill me and I hate them so much.

14. I know exactly what you mean with the food! When I don't smoke I don't eat pretty much. I try to only smoke once a night, and just at night, so I usually don't ever eat breakfast and when I do i'm just chewing.

15. I remembered more of my questions.

I have to use eye drops because I live with my parents and sometimes I go out somewhere. I currently use green rohtos. Lately it seems like I have to put more or it seems like the eye drops dont work. There will still be parts of my eye that is red.

What brand does anybody recommend?

Also it seems like smoking has brought down my tolerance for cold weather. I get colder easier now than I did last year at this time. Does smoking fuck with your bodys abillity to hold body heat or something? or is it just me.

16. try the arctic rothos. they are the strongest rothos

17. visine......