can some give me a hand?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by littlegreengrow, Feb 26, 2012.

1. #1 littlegreengrow, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
    hello grasscity :wave:
    so its been a while since i posted and i need a little help picking a led for my micro cab.
    the cab is 24-Inch wide by 31-Inch high by 12-Inch deep.

i rigged it so insides a flood table which is about 10" tall, and the led would be less then 6" (correct me if im wrong). which leaves me 15" for vertical grow. now after some trolling around i found out that if leds are too close to your plants they will bleach a bit.
    so my original plans were advanced leds diamond series 200w or the 240w black star panel. But now im not so sure. would bleaching be a problem? if so could i go lower with a 100w ufo or 2, or just scrape the idea and stick with cfls? oh not sure if it matters but i grow SOG.
    well i hope i get a reply quick
    stay easy grasscity

2. that's a pretty small space for growing, got anything bigger you can use to get a little more vertical?

if not i would suggest you spend alot of time in the micro section for ideas on how to keep your plant on the small side

3. Hello,
    yay, i know, wish i had somthing bigger to use or the money to buy it. Also this isnt my first grow, and ive spent LOTS some time there. Probably more time then i've spent growing lol. Not to say i wouldnt like more wiggle room, but its all i got for a while. anywho, back to the lights, whatcha think?

4. I don't think LED's will cause bleaching... and I don't see that you have much choice... even if it did bleach it will still be smokeable...

give it a try, whats the worst that could happen?????

5. through some more digging i found out that the bleeching was do to nutrient deficiecy (sorry i cant remember the name) but i could be wrong. Good point lol now i just gotta order the,