Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can smoking weed regularly cause permanent brain damage?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hello again, May 17, 2006.

1. Face your own fucking fackts!

...I usually don`t swear

2. ya ive read an artical that says the same shit

instead of complaining shut up and read: http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/;):D

3. look people. Cannabis DOES cause permanent damage, just because one article says it doesn't doesnt prove it is true, but there is much more evidence showing marijuana DOES cause permanent damage. Receptors are overflowed with dopamine and other chemicals released because of THC, the chemicals stick to the receptors eventually causing them to die.

4. look people. Cannabis DOES cause permanent damage, just because one article says it doesn't doesnt prove it is true, but there is much more evidence showing marijuana DOES cause permanent damage. Receptors are overflowed with dopamine and other chemicals released because of THC, the chemicals stick to the receptors eventually causing them to die.

5. cannabis may cause some kind of damage, and smoking regularly over a period of time will make you dumber, but quit for a few weeks and u will be back to normal

6. YES, i hate it when people say its the gate way drug, its not like people arent like now that i had MJ lets try more, mabye it is with some people but not people with self control

and if someone is smokeing 10 times a day, yes it has an effect on the brain, but most people dont smoke that much, and helping reduce the "side effects" of MJ

7. 1. If you think it does cause brain damage, pm me, i'll come pick up all your weed.

2. Humans only use like 4% of their brain, there's a lot left to "kill".

8. but that means we have 96% of our brain to SCREW IT UP:devious:

9. it may kill brain cells, but take a brake and do something stimulating, im sure that in a week you'll be back to norm.

10. The cells you lose come from smoking itself. It also makes your short term memory decrease. Ive read studies that show for heavy smokers it can take years for the brain to recoop. The truth is it does have an effect, but once you stop smoking and its out of your system ( I mean like you'd piss clean ) your basically back to normal.

11. after smokin every day for a long time, i took a month break. I was the same as when I didn't smoke.

12. been proven wrong, bud. (it's actually like 97-98%. according to MORE RECENT STUDIES.)... kinda made me sad... i had this theory that LSD allowed human to tap into part of the % of our brain that is not being used.

also some ppl r arguing about weed in moderation does NOT harm brain cells. That wasn't my question, my question was does blazing multple times a day cause ne harm.

13. How the hell does he stay awake after that many sessions?! :eek:

14. no it wont cause permenant brain damage but it sure doesn't help your memory

15. ya i know thats what i was thinkin i usually feel soo tired if i even smoke 3 times aday.

16. MARIJUANA DOES NOT CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE

If anything, it promotes the growth of brain cells. Check out this quote from an study on rats:

"We show that 1 month after chronic HU210 [high-potency cannabinoid] treatment, rats display increased newborn neurons [NEW BRAIN CELLS] in the hippocampal dentate gyrus and significantly reduced measures of anxiety- and depression-like behavior. Thus, cannabinoids appear to be the only illicit drug whose capacity to produce increased hippocampal newborn neurons is positively correlated with its anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects."

http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/pdf/JCI25509v1.pdf

There's the study right there.

17. If it did id have some serious brain damage but im still just as smart as before I smoked I actually get better grades.:smoking:

18. You can get permanent massive brain damage from even your first puff. IF you're one of the few lucky ones that doesn't go brain dead, or die from inhaling this deadly scourge on our society, then you'll certainly be turned into a psychopathic serial rapist murderer stealing from nuns to get your next fix.

Do your research kids, marijuana kills puppies.

19. Dude, be careful what you say in this thread... I tried making a joke, and they jump on my back saying I should never smoke again.... lol

20. Here, let's add some fact to this discussion:

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6516
    Title: Heavy Cannabis Use Not Associated With Cognitive Deficits, Study Says

Enjoy!

Feanor, rep + buddy!

I saved that article on my computer, thanks for the knowledge!