Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can smell my bud through my glass jar

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Newsmoke841713, Nov 9, 2016.

1. So yesterday I picked up an eighth of some pretty dank weed and immediately put it in a relatively large glass candle jar like this...

8 oz Glass Candle Jar with Flat Glass Lid

Anyways, when I got back to my place the today and took it out of my bag, the smell of weed hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. I put the jar in a ziplock bag and then put it in a shoebox in my closed. I get back 5 hours later, and my closet faintly stinks like weed, and the closer you get to the box, the stronger it gets.

What do I do? I don't want my closet smelling like weed and the jar I bought has a pretty solid seal on it.

2. a little wax on the sealing ring might help. apparently the seal isn't fully seating on the jar because unless you have a crack or hole in the lid nothing will escape a sealed jar. buy some canning jars at the market.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Apparently it doesn't. It is not air tight if the smell leaks out.
    Just get a cheap mason jar.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Where are good places to get mason jars? I checked out walmart a while ago but they only sold them in bulk and I didn't really want to buy 6 jars just to use one

5. Find a local head shop they'll sell them for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Go to a thrift store or Goodwill to find a single Mason jar.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. 6 jars is too many? i buy them by the cases.
    :Love-Plant:

those candle jars are not safe anyway with the toxins put into candles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And what is wrong with the smell of weed? I use it as potpourri in my house. If anyone does not like it, they can leave.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I get them empty at the 99 cent store

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I live in a townhouse with 3 roommates who don't smoke, so I don't want to bother them with the smell of weed.

11. It never had a candle in it, it's just called a candle jar for some reason. Just had the rubber seal on the lid when you close it, I picked it up at walmart for like 2 dollars.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's a really good idea. I ended up picking up a pack of six for $5 at a dollar store type place.

It still kind of smells through the jar though and the top is on really tight and is a real mason jar. I double bagged the jar in ziplock bags and put a couple dryer sheets in the second bag. Will that affect the weed taste or smell even though it's in a sealed jar?

13. Lol my place smells like weed 24/7 I'm more addicted to the smell then the smoking

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tell them to move out. Better yet, get your own place. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Candle jars like that suck. A lot of headshops put a sticker on them and say they're stash jars. They are, as long as you don't care about smell.

Cheap, single mason jars can be bought at grocery stores, target, drug stores, etc. Walmart only sells you what they can buy for cheap, so expand your horizons.

Also, I'm betting you may have contaminated the candle jar. A lot of people don't believe glass jars work because every glass jar they've had doesn't hide smell. What happens is that people handle the weed, get residue all over their fingers, then handle the jar, spreading the residue all over the outside of the jar, which can stink to high heaven. So, it may do you well to take the weed out, wash the outside of the jar off with soap and water, and put the weed back in and see if it still smells. I bet it doesn't smell as bad.

16. So you can buy an 8th of weed buy you can't spend like $8-12 on 12 mason jars?

Listen to what this guy says. I don't agree with your fingers making the outside of a jar smell, but you need to clean that jar once in a while because it will stank. The thing that will stink the most is the rubber lid part, I ran my jar through the dishwasher including the rubber part. The jar smelled okay, but the rubber part still smelled of weed after being ran through a hurricane of borderline boiling water and soap.

17. I have the money to buy the jars, I just don't want to waste money on a bunch of jars that I would only use one or two of. I did end up buying a pack of 4 at a dollar store.

Any idea about my last question? About having the jar double bagged and putting dryer sheets in the second bag? Will that affect taste or smell of the weed since it'll be in an airtight jar with a bag around it between it and the dryer sheets?

18. What's with people thinking dryer sheets cover up the smell of anything. No, that will ruin the smell and the taste. The smell is going to permeate through the bags within like an hour.

And 12 jars is like $10... that's really not a lot of money for a permanent stash jar.

And if those jars don't have a sealed top.. wasted money

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. They do have a sealed top I made sure of it. The smell hasn't permeated the bag. I don't know why you're trying to seem like such a dick. I'm just asking a question. New to smoking and trying not to have my house stink like weed..

20. I use iso alcohol to clean my jars, and just buy new lids now and then. Works better than soap+water at ANY temp..