Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can people fuck with scales to rip you off?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tastytrichomes, Aug 3, 2012.

1. looks good, would look like more if you used a grinder

2. Yo! I think she probably gave the rest to her other guy.

3. yeah you can mess with the tare weight

just look and make sure it says 0.0 when theres nothing on it... seeing the numbers change is the most important part

4. That's why you don't tell a dealer how much you have. You ask him his prices first.

5. [quote name='"Buttery"']A dub is a gram... For me at least. I always thought it was a universal term for a gram every where. 1000th post BITCHHHHHHHHH[/quote]

Nope, where I'm at a dub is at least 2 grams and a dime is about a dime.. Prices vary a lot depending on location, though.

6. Yo! A dub is actually 3.5 grams or 1/8 of an oz how ever u slice it agram is a gram, real dealers have to know some math and so should you, or else ask the guy how much for an eight. Cus a dub could mean anything to anyone. But if u payed more than $10 for that u got ripped off.

7. [quote name='"hellmutt boones"']Yo! A dub is actually 3.5 grams or 1/8 of an oz how ever u slice it agram is a gram, real dealers have to know some math and so should you, or else ask the guy how much for an eight. Cus a dub could mean anything to anyone. But if u payed more than $10 for that u got ripped off.[/quote]

1/8ths are $30 where I'm at whereas dubs are 2/3rds of that and we have some of best prices in the nation, where are your from? Dub means $20 worth and dime is $10 on the west coast.

8. ^^

This debate will be had on grass city every day for the rest of forever.

Dub = double dime. That's what it means. It is not a unit of measurement, it is an amount of money.

9. A dub here in chi means a 20th of an oz or 1/8th of an oz witch is 3.5 grams= 40$

10. ^^ soo... not a dub

11. Yea man, Thats no gram imo... With a gram for me, i atleast get 4 or 5 pinner joints.. That looks like it could be like one decent sized joint.

12. Looks less than 1.0 especially after you broke it up, looks like .5ish

13. Also, Yea op u can easily fuck with the calibration on a scale... U just calibrate it and put more/less (im not sure...) on the scale than what it says to put on.

Buy a scale dude, <10 bucks on amazon.. <5 dollar shipping. Best investment ive ever made, Every single bag ive bought since then, ive always weighed it out.. ull thank urself.

14. But... that doesn't even make sense.
    If an eighth is $40, which street value where I'm at, then a dub would be half of that, just like it is where I live.
    Half an eighth is a sixteenth, though, not a twentieth (if someone told you that, they're shorting you a little more than a third of a gram on dubs), and equals 1.77 grams.

You seem to have a misunderstanding about what these terms actually represent in terms of weight and value and I really hope it isn't because you're being mislead. :confused_2::(

15. Yo a dub is 20th of an oz, now im from chicago the real drug capital of the world, i think i know what a dub really means1/8th of an oz not a 20sack u guys must live in a small town or something.

16. a dub in my area is 3.5 aswell but it doesnt cost 40, costs 60.

Words arent used in the same way all around the world.

17. Or am i being ripped off too?:eek:

18. I think u may be... Ive never heard of anyone sell a 20th of an oz lol, and im from Colombia, the real drug capital of the world :devious: :D

19. Im starting to think all these drug dealers are making all these fucking words to confuse us and ripp us off!!!

20. [quote name='"hellmutt boones"']Yo a dub is 20th of an oz, now im from chicago the real drug capital of the world, i think i know what a dub really means1/8th of an oz not a 20sack u guys must live in a small town or something.[/quote]

You keep saying a dub is a 20th of an oz, otherwise known as an 1/8?
    An 1/8 means a 8th of a oz. A 20th of an ounce is 1.4 grams.