Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can one toke n smoke during exams week?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hugsandlove, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I am wondering if I can do this without being effed. In college. I need to remember and memorize some stuff, but I have a massive headache and can not sleep. So thinking about blazing and chillin with some mj :). Can I do this and be cool? Exam tomorrow morning at 9.. i'd go to bed like soonish/nowish.

2. I've found I remember stuff like 10x better when I'm high.
    But, that's just me...

Really the only person that can answer this is you.
    It's definitely more than possible, though.

3. I just smoked and I'll be up at 6 a.m tomorrow. You'll be fine.

4. Sleep is the most important. So in sight of that, toke up and pass out, this thread sure ain't making your test easier.

5. idk ive found that studying while high not only inhibits you from learning the material by effecting your short term memory but also by inhibiting REM sleep, which is where one remembers alot of info during that day, as the brain reprocesses info during REM sleep.

However not getting adequate amount of sleep is bad also. I feel if u have everything already memorized and ur having trouble sleeping at the moment then it may not hurt much to toke up. I would personally seek other ways to try to sleep first tho.

6. there are studies that show if you listen to music while studying, you will need to listen to the same songs during the test to perform optimally. a friend of mine told me that it's the same with getting high (she has years of experience taking tests while high). it's anecdotal evidence but I don't think you'll find any studies on it ;)

7. That's what I do during exams.

Study, study, study, study, toke, eat, pass out.

8. Just wait till after man.. it will be better overall and your tolerance will decrease. But if you must, study first then use trees as a leisure aid for when you retire to your bedroom, just got vaked and I'm feelin like a piece of sunshine lol alll goods :smoke:

9. Of course you can. When I was in High School, I'd smoke, before, in between, and after exams. I obviously studied a shit load so I was never effected, but if that's not you, then don't do it.

10. I toke it up errryday of my college life lol. i feel like idk the material but I somehow do good all the time, toke toke toke study toke eat sleep take test then smoke a fatty !!!

but 9am isn't bad, I hate life if I toke the night before and have to be up before 7. anything after that Im okk, to each their own, you have lived 18+ yrs in your body, you know it better then us

11. hell yeah, man. i was high when working on all my finals this past semester and still maintained my 3.8.

12. I have yet to smoke weed this schoolyear (other than frosh week, but still that's a full 2.5 months without a toke).
    And now come exam time I am getting blazed everyday.
    The way I see it is that I studied my ass off during the semester, so there's no need for me to overstudy during the exam period.

I just review all the shit that I learned throughout the year, and other than that I can be totally incapacitated at all times (not while actually writing the exam of course).

13. Ganjakid you stole my avatar man, what the fuck's with that?

Are you a TPB fan? it's all good, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say.

:bongin:

14. You aren't too smart are you? Everyone is different. Nobody can answer this. I COULD study high. But i wouldn't. Its a waste of weed. Unless you just have some quick homework.

Better safe then sorry. Save your bud for after you study. Or after your exam.

15. I'm not claiming there is any correlation, but my exam scores were better during the weeks that I was smoking at night before bed. I would venture out to say smoking once isn't going to affect much.