Can my employer drug test me?

Discussion in 'General' started by 420°, May 16, 2008.

1. When I was hired, my application made no mention of drug tests, neither did the individuals hiring me. I haven't smoked for about two weeks now (before that it was 3+++ times a day during second semester, probably 4+ grams a day), and I've been taking Niacin. Can they legally ask to drug test me?

2. yes they can drug test you at anytime, you can deny to take it, but as you probly know, that looks suspicious as hell.

3. -sigh- This sucks.. I asked some older guy at work who was in his prime in the 60's and he said, "They haven't drug tested you yet?" >.<

Now I just want to find some LSD or Sacred Mushrooms.

Edit: Or ayahusaca / iboga for later purposes.

4. Yes they can.

5. Depends on the job... anything in the food industry, and a lot of smaller private businesses don't drug test at all. It basically just depends on what the owner wants to do. If it's an office job at any kind of large company, then expect a drug test at some point.

6. If your employer wants you to take a drug test, and you want to keep your job... then yeah, you have to take the test. Of course, you do have the option to not take the test and potentially lose your job.

-Antwan L.