Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can my brother obtain a med card?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ColoradoToking, Jan 14, 2014.

1. #1 ColoradoToking, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    I live in Denver, CO and my brother has been dealing with a great deal of depression after our father passed. He is 15 years old. My mom asked me to post on this forum wondering if anyone knows if he can get a med card for severe depression and anxiety. We don't want him to take anti-depressents as they can in some cases cause suicidal thoughts. We know my brother smokes and hes already told us it helps tremendously with his depression. Whatcha guys think?

2. Isn't it legal to buy in Colorado?! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Does he live in Colorado?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Yes he does, and yes buying it recreationally is legal but only 21+Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. oh you did not specify he was under 21. Find a friend that's over 21 and explain to them, come on, it's like getting someone to buy alcohol for you haha ask around

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Id much rather him smoke medicinal cannabis because it is much better in quality then recreational cannabisSent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Faym0us, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    @[member="ColoradoToking"]  Well, I know Denver has a ton of doctors at clinics that are very open to medical marijuana...try talking to his doctor about his options. SInce it's legal, he has the right to ask for it. Sadly, he is only 15 and the doctor may try more 'typical' ways of anti depression medication. Your mum may be able to her way in there and tell the doctor her concerns and he may shoot for it :) Good luck and sorry to hear about your loss man  :(

8. Are you yourself over 21? If so just go into a dispensary and buy something good for depression symptoms and have him reimburse you. If you're under 21 just find a friend who understands the situation and may be willing to do the same thing I stated just make sure your honest with them about who it's for, don't let them get into murky waters unknowingly.

9. In Cali he would be able to as long as his mom was with him, and still some places might refuse him. Idk about Colorado but I've heard they aren't strict about it either

10. [quote name="ColoradoToking" post="19335866" timestamp="1389667757"]Id much rather him smoke medicinal cannabis because it is much better in quality then recreational cannabisSent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote] this post made me laugh for 10 minutes straight But really rec and medicinal in Colorado are the same thing just so you know

11. [quote name="toke monster" post="19336611" timestamp="1389675293"]this post made me laugh for 10 minutes straight But really rec and medicinal in Colorado are the same thing just so you know[/quote]Nope, rec is less potent and they only have like 3 strains available (at the moment)Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. i have a feeling you are the brother OP 😁

13. [quote name="Marscadet" post="19336771" timestamp="1389676366"]i have a feeling you are the brother OP 😁[/quote]Cool man good for you..

14. Correct me if i'm wrong but there are only around 40 MMJ patients under the age of 18 residing in Colorado - I don't believe depression is considered a serious enough condition when you're talking about giving medical marijuana to a minor.

15. How many brothers do you have?
    Haven't you posted as if you had been going to dispensaries all along?
    What's really up? :smoke:

16. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19336882" timestamp="1389677457"]How many brothers do you have?Haven't you posted as if you had been going to dispensaries all along?What's really up? :smoke:[/quote]I'm sorry, what?Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. If u aren't 21 and your MOM wants your bro to get a med card then why doesn't she just buy the weed for him?

18. Yes. Bring him too a Medical Marijuana Evaluation center and have your mom be his caregiver, which is the person whom buys the weed for him legally. I do it for a living and let me tell you, it;s very easy to obtain. Best of luck!

So you buy peoples weed for them as a job? Sounds like a job i wouldnt mind partaking in

20. [quote name="Joshipooo" post="19335846" timestamp="1389667621"]oh you did not specify he was under 21. Find a friend that's over 21 and explain to them, come on, it's like getting someone to buy alcohol for you haha ask aroundSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Dude he clearly specified that he was 15. Like it's literally right there. You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher