Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain Can marijuana be helpful in treating kidney stone pain ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ratabat, May 16, 2022.

1. I was diagnosed with kidney stones(crystals) sharp-edged in both of the kidneys. Will cannabis work in flushing the stones and will it cure the unbearable pain?

• Like Like x 1
  2. it might help distract from the pain but it wont cure it, and I doubt it will do anything in regards to flushing the stones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Only a doctor can tell you. Agreed with above. It will help you forget about the pain and that would be about as much as it goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. it may help muscles relax a bit while the stones past ,but it may also make the pain more intense ...the only way to know is try and see how it goes ..best of luck ,,,mac

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have you had the Lithotripsy procedure?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weed will not likely help you flush kidney stones. It may mask the pain a bit but I dunno. I had gall stones years ago and weed didn't do much for the pain.
    Your best bet is to see a doctor. Depending on the make up of your stones they can prescribe meds that will either help dissolve the stones or make your blood and urine less acidic.
    If you drink a lot of coffee or soda or even certain fruit juices try cutting back on them. It probably won't do much for your current situation but it'll help prevent any future flare ups.

Do NOT try any of the homeopathic methods. Since only about 5% of kidney stones are dissolvable, things like cranberry juice or apple cider vinegar that are "recommended" for dissolving kidney stones can actually aggravate your condition.

I genuinely feel for you and I hope they pass quickly. Having stones, gall or kidney, fucking sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. if not mistake the olive oil and apple juice mix helps to clear them . like a 50/50 blend if not mistaken ... was one of the Edgar Cayce remedies

• Like Like x 1
  8. The pain from a kidney stone has been equated to that of childbirth.
    My daughter just went through this and luckily found one of the top stone Dr’s in the US in NYC.
    The stone was large and stuck in her ureter. Not your normal type lithotripsy procedure as it was discovered that she was in the 1% of people on the planet who have retro renal colon.
    It was an interesting journey getting her through this, she had been to multiple ER visit’s when the pain flared up and narcotics were the only thing which would help. If you have severe stone pain the last thing you’ll want to be is stoned.
    Renal colic is another name for this btw.
    To be transparent, I’m an RN and have worked in multiple ER’s and have taken care of dozens of patients with this condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. THC suppositories might help.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ok, I have planned to go to the urologist, That might work. recently yesterday night read a blog related the kidney health and the effect of marijuana on kidneys - https://mymmjdoctor.com/how-can-medical-marijuana-be-used-for-treating-kidney-health/ Some of my friends told me that marijuana will not only mask the pain it will also react with the stone crystals and helps in breaking them so that they can pass out in the form of urine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Only if you eat it, maybe. Smoked cannabis isn't processed by your liver or kidneys because it's absorbed directly into the blood stream via your lungs. If it does at least mask the pain for you though then go for it. Some of the pains I smoke for I know it's simply masking the pain and quite frankly, I don't care HOW it works as long as it's working.

• Like Like x 4
  12. With the gold standard of pain, I doubt it but like chicken soup it probly couldn't hurt. :confused_2: