can male plants produce female seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jakey20, Dec 6, 2006.

1. hello all i am new to growing and everything. my question is can a male plant produce seeds that will later on be female and male plants or just male plants. i am growing now and they have only been in for 2 weeks veggin and i dont want males but if there is a male then i will let it produce seeds, and if theres that possiblity that it can be a female when i plant em next year. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot peace

2. male plants don't get seeds...they give their pollon to the female plant, and make it have seeds.

3. then how can you get a female out of a strain that you only have one plant of? or to get more of that strain? it was a freebie from Doc and i only have one of that plant and i want it to be female but idk yet i guess hopefully it is. thanks for the info though. peace

4. clone.

5. you can breed it with a female of a different strain, and wind up with characteristics of the possible male you have with the characteristics of the mother. what strains you working with, just curious.

6. i got lockdown #2 and hashberry from mandala im just wondering i still have 2 weeks left for vegging but im just looking for a last resort ya know. is 3 weeks long enough for vegging? or should i veg for more? thanks

7. The longer you veg the more budsites you will develop. Patience. An extra couple of weeks of vegging could double your yield.