Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can male plants be used as a tobacco replacement to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kokoloko, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Like the title says, its hard to smoke pure bud like a proper j, but heard you can smoke the leaves.

can the male plant be used? not to get high but to mix with the bud and make a more enjoyable smoke. how long does it need to be dried for?

in the uk, everyone smokes it with tobacco and ive had enough of the effect and health wise.

thanks

2. Sure why not.

3. leaves taste nasty when smoked though. tobacco and weed or pure weed. is the way to go.

4. yeah man why do people from the uk say pure weed joints dont burn good? we NEVER use tobacco and our joints burn just fine, although there are tricks to avoid running...

5. leaves are nasty man, ive rolled up a half leaf half bud joint before, and a total leaf joint, and its gross, it leaves a planty resin taste all stuck to your mouth and throat

6. You can smoke whatever you want. Will it taste good? Hell no.

7. they may not run bad per say but in my experience spliffs burn better every time..now that doesnt make it a standard where NO pure weed j's can burn well but in each instance i feel spliffs will burn better and more evenly..this is comin from an ex-spliff hater who got converted after many many spliffs haha. anyways i got love for all forms of smoking as long as u got some GREEN in it :D

8. im interested in knowing these "tricks"
    would greatly appreciate it if you would share...
    cuz my pures always fuck up...

9. its all about rolling it as tight as possible, with normal sized and thickness papers (ez-widers, zig zags), and also making sure it is proportional like a cone or like a little cigarette, and also not being in the wind

10. Male plants are only good for pollination. /thread

11. Yeh and making hash, but it's called shade when you do that

12. Well does it make difference with the female plant leaves?
    They use to burn ok for me, the pure j's but now they make me cough more and gotta keep lighting and you dont get that same drag and a spliff.
    i prefer the high without the tobacco, the spliff makes me feel lazy. pure's make me feel more high

13. i'm from the uk and i blaze pure, the problem is they make the skinniest pureys you've probably ever seen because most people are worried about the amount of weed they use and it just doesn't burn, the amount of times this has been the case its crazy

14. Male plants are generally destroyed because they pollinate the female plants. Once the female plant is pollinated it stops producing buds and it just makes seeds. So unless you have a single marijuana plant and it turns out male, your never going to have a reason to keep one. Unless you wanna keep a plant that you can go to jail for just to smoke its leaves, which'll taste like shit.

You should buy a glass pipe. Then you can just pack little hits of pure green and work your way up to the high you want.

15. Do we? Those people obviously cant roll to the required standard then. I just prefer spliffs because that what I started on and I do enjoy the initial 'head rush' from the tobacco.

16. I never knew the leaf would be not nice to smoke. I can make a good joint lol, but when it comes to pure, it doesnt have the same pull as tobacco.
    I like glass bongs, and pipes too. but nothing like the experience of a sit down and slowly smoke your j

17. im from the uk and we usually roll pinners to save weed mate. of course, be sure not to spill any on your trousers or down to your trainers. what about it governor?? enjoy a morning brew with a nice spliff.

18. If you can shred and cure the leaves properly, then go ahead and smoke them. People smoke tea and shit for relaxation, I'm sure male marijuana leaves can provide some sort of herbal effect since they do have a little bit of THC in them.

Then, you can make yourself a pair of shoes from the stem.

19. Fan leaves are pretty harsh man. Unless the male has great genetics I wouldn't fuck with it.

20. cuz the UK probably doesnt have bomb ass weed with good enough quality for smoking to burn in a j or l properly

but yeah why not use the leaves i mean ur not gunna get ur nicotine craving satisfied smoking leaves but w e floats ur boat