Can LSD be tested for??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SherlockGreen, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Well the title says it all. I think you could spinal-tap for it but no ones gonna do that. If I'm looking for a job or on probation would I still be safe doing LSD?? Any help would be much appreciated. Thx Blades.

2. You should be fine bro.

Enjoy your LSD as much as you want.

3. I believe via spinal tap, so happy trails buddy!

4. cosign^^^

5. Thx guys much appreciated.

6. It is possible to test for the presence of LSD in urine, but it is a very difficult and expensive test to run and is very uncommon. Unless there is a particular reason to be looking for it, as in the case of an autopsy...it is extremely unlikely that most people will ever run into this test. It is not one of the NIDA-5 standardly tested for in the basic drug test, nor is it included in the extended drug tests. It is not chemically similar to any of the drugs tested for, so should not trigger the tests as another substance.

Military
    Beginning in the early 2000's, some parts of the military began testing for LSD. However, the Feb 18, 2008 Army Times reported that the Department of Defense has stopped LSD testing military wide. Reportedly this was because only four positive LSD tests were found out of more than 2 million test conducted over a three year period. A cost-benefit analysis resulted in the military ceasing LSD testing as part of their standard panel. Note that it is possible that non-standard tests are conducted in unique cases. We have been told that the Air Force will court martial airmen on the basis of a single positive test for LSD. If you know anything else about the military's handling of drug tests, let us know.

Notes
    1 - While LSD is still not included in the standard NIDA battery of tests, the price of testing for its presence has dropped considerably in the past few years. Many urine screening packages now include LSD in their standard battery.

INFORMATION
    Drug Testing Vault

ANALYSIS & PURITY
    1970's LSD Blotter Content (PharmChem Results)
    LSD Analysis - Erowid, Nov 2003
    1987 DEA Blotter Catalog (5MB PDF)

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_testing.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last Modified - Tue, Mar 25, 2008

7. Thx Roach. Forgot about erowid.

8. I don't believe that spinal tap bullshit. I have heard that LSD doesn't even have interactions with your spine.