Can It Recover?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dasitmane, Aug 19, 2014.

1. So I recently found out why my plant wasn't growing. I transplanted it into some better soil. Apparently the pot that I was using didn't have enough drainage holes because despite the perlite in the original soil, it was basically saturated with water (extremely damp soil) and I haven't watered it in a week.

My question is, after a month of this (the plant is still extremely small for its age @ 3-4 inches tall) will it ever recover? Should I just toss it and try another seed?

I drilled some holes in the bottom of the pot and put a layer of just pure perlite/vermiculite then I filled up the pot with a FFOF, perlite, and vermiculite mix. Will this be sufficient?

2. FFOF already has a good amount of perlite in it, and it's hot out of the bag. Don't toss the plant if it's worth saving, can you provide a picture of what it looks like? 3-4 inches is hardly a point where I would toss a plant and start all over unless it looks like shit.

I wouldn't transplant again (I think that's what you're asking), I would let the roots dry out in their current environment. No more watering for a few days. Let it dry out, and do a FINAL transplant into her forever home once she does. Unnecessary transplanting is a newbie mistake and can lead to damage.

3. I'm paranoid about posting pics that I've taken on my phone due to the info in a pic file lol. I found a pic that looks almost exactly like mine though

[​IMG]

My question is, will this thing be a dwarf forever, or will it grow to a normal size (assuming I keep it in veg for an extra couple of months)?

4. it looks a little N deficient, probably coz of over watering (don't feed nutes though)

let her dry out for a few days and she will recover :)