Can i veg indoors, then flower outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SoBeastly, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Is it possible to veg indoors...then flower outdoors in fl. If flowering started on around november

2. depends on where you live in fl.. i kno in zone ten you can veg indoors and set the plants outdoors and they will start flowering.. but full sunlight is required this late in the year since the day are already so short..

3. i am thinking about doing this also.
    Would it be possible to start a grow in like march then let it veg till like june and then flip it to flower for a week or so then put it outside to finish?

4. yes in south florida you can veg indoors and set the plants out year around n they will start flowering on there own... no need to induce flowering....

you plan on veggin for 4 months ina grow box??? how big are you trying to get these plants 15 ft?

5. Well im in PA and i dont think they would do it on their own. problem is frost comes early here so if i forced them into flower inside could i put them out after a week or so of 12/12 and let the buds grow outside?

6. up there they prob wont flower on there own... you could do that you'd just have to try n match up ur flowering times with the actual daylight time for when you set them out so the dont re-veg

7. would they really re veg if theyre in complete flowering?

8. #8 mj_bazooka, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    I veg indoors and plant outdoors often, the only issue I have run into is the bigger, taller, bushy strains tend to be VERY stalk weak and need lot's of support to keep them from falling down, branches breaking off and so on...

9. Im in central Fl. i plan to veg indoors for a month...oct-nov...then put them outside nov.1.
    My biggest concern is they would be flowering in december...would the cold kill them..is it worth trying?

10. Do you have frost in December? what are the night temps like? I've spoken with several other Fl. growers who live in the So. part of Fl. and do exactly what your wanting to do with no issues. Of course there is no frost to worry about and the night time temps stay comfortable where there are..

If Central Fl. gets frost and or very cold 30-40's at night, it's likely the plants will die, stunt, etc...50's and up at night seems to work fine, but once you dip in the 40's and below they will suffer for sure! Good luck man!

11. Thank you, yes thats wat i was thinking....we have random cold nights here...maybe in the 40's high 30s no often...they should be fine if i cover them right?

12. Hey -

The plants could go back to veg cycle if you moved them outdoors while the days hours are long. (Not at this time of year but in late May, June & July in northern hemisphere) If you placed a plant outdoors while there is like 14+ hours of sun in the sky the plant will go back to veg cycle and totally mess with its natural cycles. It could do as much as herm the entire plant or on the lesser end it might only make for some very leaf filled buds as the plant produces new/extra vegetative growth everywhere including in your buds. Just my $.02 worth on this topic!

Kisses -
    Hott;)

13. yes...........

14. Hey GrowBot -

YES..... What?? What did you just agree with?? - My post or the info prior to my post!--?? (Sorry.... I just didn't understand!) (Mostly because I just did bong hits of the first dried buds from my 2010 summer outdoor grow!! Yeah! I went from Zero to Stoned in 6 seconds!) I love harvest time of the year!!

Kisses -
    Hott
    ;)

15. yes to what you asked. a lot of folks do that. good luck!!!

16. Hey Growbot -

I did not ask anything.... I posted a reply to this thread offering some information for the person who asked a question about seasons and light cycles.

I only questioned your reply to this post because it only said "Yes" and I was not sure what you were talking about! What are you talking about anyway?? Inquiring minds want to know....

Kisses -
    Hott
    ;)

17. that makes since, but right now my plants are receiving 7 hours max of sunlight. (used to be 5)

i live in pa where it sucks ass to grow but i am still trying and sunlight is extremely hard to achieve. i guess i would just have to time it right if i wanted to veg indoors and then move them out?

18. lol, i meant yes to the op for veg indoors, and flower outside, lol. my bad!

19. I am way south (Broward/Dade county area) and use the indoor/outdoor technique for all my grows. My plants are staggered so I plan on harvesting from Nov. through January this year. I have started seed as late as mid December and pulled a decent harvest as late as April.

20. Thank you very much!!! That was the kinda info i was looking for. Around here it rarely drops below 40...and if it does i planned on throwing a low cost green house sorta deal over it.

Thanks again:smoke: