Can I use this dish soap with neem oil on my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SlightlyStonedSD, Dec 5, 2014.

1. I've never used neem oil before, I have Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil. It says to mix with "mild dish soap', I picked up this Seventh Generation natural dish soap which I would guess is fine but I'm just double checking. Here's pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm in soil, FF trio, probably a week from flip. My plan is to follow the Dyno-Gro directions. Thanks for a response. :bongin:

2. Yes i think you are supoosed to actually. Im told only to use non scented "free" dish soaps.

3. We had a blade on here that gave his plant a bubble bath once. Probably the funniest thing I have seen on here to date.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I use bought something called Pro tech as an emulsifier. It's also a very light plant food, but dish detergent works well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Organic dish soap is a wetting agent.  It helps the plant to take in water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Just to be clear to all the blades that don't quite understand, we use dish soap in our watering mix (similar effect to blackstrap molasses).  A light mist with a mild soap solution in a spray bottle is a viable treatment option, but not like that.

7. That is such an awesome photo, I have never seen anything like it before haha 

8. As for the neem oil and soap thing... Yeah you have to put a bit of soap in so the oil will mix with the warm water. You don't need to put much in though, just a few drops per litre. if you don't use it the oil won't mix with the water and it will just bead and roll off the plant. The dish soap is to allow the oil and water to evenly coat the leaves and stay on it. The water evaporates and you have an extremely thin layer or neem oil coating the leaf surface.

Use about 5ml of neem oil per litre or warm water and like 3 or 4 drops of soap. I used 10ml per litre once and burned my leaves. but I don't know if that was the neem oil or that I used too much soap. I have done it countless times with no problems though so don't be discouraged from using it 

Yea, this stuff is great. I use small amounts in everything... teas, foliar sprays, waterings. Really helps with overall health as well as being an emulsifier.

[​IMG]

10. dude end result this guy got busted. He was like "roommate was worried about me and called the cops." I'm like dude you got snitched on. He got a deal. Lol

11. I have been using it as a wash as well. It makes a nice foliage spray. I make sure to get underneath the leaves and make sure the stomata get sprayed. I also use a tea as a foliage spray, but don't worry about the stomata in that instance!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum