can i use miracle grow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by balls573, Aug 18, 2005.

1. hey, the leaves of a couple of my plants are turning yellow and im going to buy some nutrients for them. can i use miracle grow if not what do you guys reccomend i use this time of year?and is there a cheap way to check my ph?

2. im currently using miracle grow 10-10-10 and it seems to be helping me fine as for using it i really dont know if its good.

3. im using Miracle Grow soil

4. I've heard a lot of really bad things about Miracle Grow... IF you do decide to use it, DO NOT get time-release ferts. Chances are you'll end up burning your plants...

Go with something that's all organic, and not time-release, and you should be fine. a 10-10-10 is good for veg... a 2-10-10, 9-12-12, or 2-20-20 is better for flowering... (Basically anything that's lower in N and higher in P and K for flowering, and high in N or just about even in all three for veg).

EDIT: Look for vegetable ferts. They usually work really well for MJ.

5. ive also hear bad things but have never had any problems with it

6. Most of the bad things you'll hear is from the time-release stuff. It's just way too much N for the plants to handle, and they usually end up getting burned... Their non-time-release stuff's alright, but Shultz/Scotts is way better, IMO.

7. my plant wilted cause i switched to miricle grow yesterday. Is there a way to bring it back to life. THere is stilla little green on the leaves

8. Flush it immediately and keep watering it with normal water throughout the week. Check your PH, and I'd look into picking up a natural fertilizer when the fert burn subsides. Good luck