Can I use lemon extract to add flavor to the buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mpdegn, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Or does that stuff contain high levels of acid which will kill the plant right before harvesting, causing me to commit suicide after devoting so many months to growing this plant with a level of commitment unmatched by any other first grower and an amount of skill second to no other grower but my mom and God who created mankind and this beautiful weed in the first place.

Thank you.

2. #2 CL4P-TP, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    lemme guess .....you broke the search button ?

EDIT :

if the search has brought you to this thread, I suggest you read this one instead

How to cure a crop of marijuana + more By jcj77d...the info is a little ways into the first post.

Now if you have been searching for awhile and want a good laugh please read on ...but be forewarned ..some of Us here at G.C. do not show our better sides ...while others show an amazing abality to rise above the muck and crud of internet egos ( unfortunatly I think I am in the former catagory here, and is the reason for the edit)... in short this thread proves with out a doubt that growers are human too.

peace and good luck

3. Suck on a lemon while smoking a spliff.

4. Look here lessismore guy and your little buddy Arafat74, I possess the knowledge about growing strains that are beyond your wildest dreams. I know how to grow an 4oz. plant with merely a total of 100W of CFLs. I can revegetate a plant within 24 hours. I can change the color of a plant without affecting taste, potency, or health of the bud. I can grow mutant plants that look like lollipops. I can make nuggets grow out of nuggets. I have all of that backed by my journals.

You might have been growing for quite some time, but believe you me, the next generation is here ready to take over. Techniques have changed and access to them is restricted.

I know all about your little liberation movement lessismore and honestly, I don't like it.
    From now on I will be keeping a closer eye on you.

5. Thats just creepy.

But yes, you can use extracts in small amounts to lightly flavor your buds.

6. Yeah...and I spose you knew all there was to know when YOU first started out. Why don't you guys lay off people who ask (to the experts) lame questions, instead of just answering them? Are you THAT insecure? We are not BORN with all the knowledge in the world, we have to learn. How do we learn? We ask questions.

I worked as a logger in my youth, and I taught everyone who worked in that "combat-death-zone" to ask questions AND taught my crew that if they didn't KNOW the answer, never just make something up, cause a wrong action would and did get people killed on the sites.

IF you know all those microbiological genetic procedures why would you restrict such information? Though a lot of folks at the City are recreational users and/or beginner's there ARE a great many Medical Users and to restrict information could and will cause untold suffering. Is that what you WANT? You sound like the fucking prosecutors and cops!

I beg your forgiveness your Highness for the effrontery in even speaking to such royalty, but then again, I suppose there have to be "humans" like you to let us appreciate the real people left in the world.

"Access is restricted." What a load of bullshit!

7. #7 mpdegn, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009

Yes, almost. But for the most part, yes.

Yes.

Forgiveness granted. You should be glad that you caught me in one of my good moods, boy.

Your face is.

This isn't called for. ~AK~

8. You need to ask yourself what you are out to prove and then ask if it matters. Especially over the INTERNET.

You're the one asking US for advice but good luck getting it now. If your knowledge is restricted so is mine.

9. Ok look here buddy, you obviously like arguing and you clearly are an instigator. I've been tracking your posts in this forum for quite some time and I was honestly surprised at how much verbal diarrhea a single mouth opening is able to fabricate.
    My knowledge here is primarily restricted because discussing these techniques over the internet isn't safe. Then again, even if I did you would need the appropriate equipment and tools which only very few of you have. We're looking at at least 4 figures here, ok? So now that you know that you should immediately exclude yourself from trying to acquire this kind of information as you simply cannot afford it.

10. LMFAO, i have to remember that one.

11. Obviously you are very young, so I will excuse that. After all, you still live with your mom. Any coward can talk smack over the internet, because we will never be face to face, although if you live in the Pacific Northwest, I would be more than agreeable to a face-to-face discussion. But rational discussion is ridiculous with a person of low emotional maturity (despite your articulation and vocabulary) and it would be better to let you grow into adulthood.

Other than this thread, you say I instigate. Quote it from any other thread. Or simply shut the fuck up. For such a master genius how come you don't know that "flavor" is based in genetics? You, blew your own cover.

"Four figures?" And you think THAT is a lot of money? Yep. You're just a child. Make sure you use your allowance and pay your Mom back for the ISP bill.

12. Ok, now here we go again, some geek who called himself Vintendo because he probably never got over his nintendo addiction as a little kid is trying to call me out.
    Yes, I am young (24). And yes, you are probably old. Now is this supposed to be a blessing in disguise or do you really mean to insult me by saying that I'm young, cause I'm not feeling insulted at all. Again, what is supposedly wrong with being young? Look here, old fart, you wish you were as young as I am because my young knowledge which I have acquired over the past 2 years exceeds the knowledge your old ass has been trying to acquire since 1956. I mean honestly, you wish you were young again. I know that for sure, so stop trying to run me down over my age.

And no, I'm not an internet hero. In fact, I'd love to meet up with you to prove you wrong but like you said we will most likely never get a chance to do so. Until then, praise the discrepancies of seperation as they have saved you. I don't care about your age, young and old, I teach everyone a lesson in respect if they come off rude. And I'm not going to be talking about genetics with you because my knowledge exceeds yours. It's like talking to a monkey about quantum physics. Face it.

And then again, I'm surprised how you talk about being mature and then you try to pull off one of those lame yo mama jokes. I mean come on, talking about someone's mom is a refuge for inarticulate high school drop outs, why would you contradict yourself like that? Are you mad that I'm not sharing my secrets with you?
    Four figures per tool, that is. These advanced techniques will easily require an investment of 20K. But again, I'm sure you got that kind of money. Whatever the case, I do and I;m lovin it. One more reason why being young like me rocks. I;m young and I'm balling. Just admit to hating. Thank you.

13. you can use small amounts of extact to add hints of flavor to your finished product. there is more about this in the harvesting and curing section of the forums.

so, now mr. i know everything and i can afford to waste 20K on tools to make my plants look pretty. you can go there and get your information :wave: i don't care if you bad mouth me by the way. you're 24 and still quite immature. give me bad rep, whatever. i'm 19 and you still look like a jackass.

14. I thought coming to this thread would actually give me some answers...
    Not expose me to inter-fighting.

15. lmao got my popcorn ready, this thread is some good shit.

16. Just you wait, now I'll have to to badmouth your better-looking 19 year old ass and also give you bad rep....

dude wtf get a life ?!?!

17. dont feed the trolls

18. You are absolutely right. I am 53 years old. I do apologize for getting angry. It was the comment about your "wanting" to see people suffer, yet you do have the courage to identify yourself as a "hater," and I respect that. The courage, that is.

But no, I don't want to be 24 again. I had just gotten out of prison from when I was 17 and I never want to have to fight my way back to becoming human again from being a "hater." I loathed every one on the planet who hadn't had to go through almost 8 years of stabbings, burnings, race riots, watching friends and enemies alike killed, and was just aching for a reason to hurt them.

And again, you are probably right in being more intelligent than I am. After all, it wasn't till I re-read your post (and the replies) before I saw that other people were being rude to you and you simply retaliated. After all I only have three degrees and none of them are in the sciences...only fine arts, so I'd be willing to bet you DO know more about genetics than I do.

So, please accept my apologies for being rude. And yes, I do have far more funds than that. But I've had twice the amount of time to earn it, so I also apologize for the remark about your Mom. To teach you all she knows, she must be a nice person, and I was WAY out of line.

"nuff said.

19. #19 amoril, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
    hey mr. intelligence, there is a search function on this website.

I know flavoring your plants has been discussed multiple times, with ton of people who dont just claim to know actually providing well thought out answers...

there's at least one good thread with a decent dialogue. the consensus is that for the most part theyre ineffective, and the ones that do work marginally arent preferable to well grown, clean, unamended bud.

now, stop hurling insults to protect your IP image....we dont care if its your first plant or your millionth ;)

20. Ok, here we go again, back to square one with these people. Doesn't really feel like I'm making any progress. Let's start with the old guy.

Look here Vintendo, I just kinda flew over your text. From what I could extract it seems like you accept your loss and I win at last. Case closed.

Now let's take a look at this amoril guy. Just to be concrete: What the fuck is your problem? Are you just jumping on the train and try to diss me for no apparent reason or are you seriously retarded and actually meant what you wrote in your reply? Look here fat boy, the question is not about adding flavor, ok? I was asking about the possibility of lemon extract, other than most flavors, adding too much acid to the water. In case you don't know, acid is what throws your PH level if you don't get it under control. You barely wrote 4 lines but it seems like you have a classical case of verbal constipation and something in my urine is telling me that there is more shit to come from you.
    Now shut your mouth and go back to sleep boy before I slap you to sleep, and you don't want that.