Can i use a white primer for my grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purpleface, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Im only making a small grow box so I don't feel like paying for 50 square feet of Mylar and iv heard tinfoil is bad. So would white primer be fine?

2. it sure would, get it coated real good

3. [quote name='"hemi4spd"']it sure would, get it coated real good[/quote]

Great and if there's parts of the box that can't be be painted. Will this create hot spots or anything.

4. #4 hemi4spd, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
    id say Nah man, but to be sure what kind of light we talkin about here?

I think youd only het hot spotsif the surface is reflective. Or should I say the "clarity" of the reflection, like Matte Vs. Hi Gloss

and how can younot get paint into places?
    try spraying? or pour the paint in the box and rol the box around a bit, dump out excess and voila all coated
    who cares bout a few runs or what not lol

biggest concern I wiuld think is the direct heat off your bulb, use the backof your hand right over your highest part of your plant
    if it feels hot then it is, raise ur light and check again.

hope this cabinet has the height to accomodate raising of the light and plant growth
    Pics may help

Cheap thermometer is your friend.

If you weresmart youd build this box then run it for a bit and see what kind of temps/humidity you can stabilize it at before putting your baby in there

5. [quote name='"hemi4spd"']id say Nah man, but to be sure what kind of light we talkin about here?

I think youdonly het hot spotsif the surface is reflective.

and how can younot get paint into places?
    try spraying? or pour the paint in the box and rol the box around a bit, dump out excess and voila all coated
    who cares bout a few runs or what not lol

biggest concern I wiuld think is the direct heat off your bulb, use the backof your hand right over your highest part of your plant
    if it feels hot then it is, raise ur light and check again.

hope this cabinet has the height to accomodate raising of the light and plant growth
    Pics may help

Cheap thermometer is your friend.

If you weresmart youd build this box then run it for a bit and see what kind of temps/humidity you can stabilize it at before putting your baby in there[/quote]

I can't paint all of it because I plan on still having the speakers work for some serous stealth. And the box is a little under 3 ft is that enough for raising the light?