Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I turn shatter into tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ChefMedicate, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I have kinda dialed in my gummy recipe with tincture but making tincture is time consuming and I do spend a little extra time filtering. I use 30g and a handle of Everclear down to 8T. Could I just add x amount of shatter to a half cup of EC? Seems like it should work but wanna check..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yep. Be sure to decarb it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is how I make my tincture now. So easy and you can buy terpenes to beef your tincture up a bit. I just add a drop to my dose. Like PsychedelicSam says decarb- I use 240F until all bubbles cease- about an hour usually.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Absolutely man, shatter tinctures are a great smokeless way to medicate. Just as they said 240@40min decarb first then solute. :) Enjoy man

• Like Like x 2
  5. thank you, i just wanted to check. Sam's technique for tincture works awesome. Any idea on how much shatter is equal to an ounce of good bud? Like a good starting point? And, I'm assuming you can take the green dragon and evaporate all the everclear off and have pure oil? That could be used to make vape juice? I just really prefer edibles and vaping for various reasons. I've never tried to evaporate all the alcohol away to see what happens but it sure would be nice to make my own concentrates to vape, thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. How much shatter equals an ounce of bud? Well, at 15% THC an ounce of bud would have ~ 4,200 mg THC (28000 X 15%= 4,200). A gram of shatter at 80% THC is 800 mg so 5.25 grams shatter would equal an ounce at those percentages. 15% may be conservative, but I would rather under than over estimate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. There is a terpene liquidizer from Connoisseur Concentrate I saw on Another Tincture thread in which you use concentrate and their liquidizer to make vape juice. I haven't tried to buy any, but there is a good discussion about it.

8. If you evaporate your Green Dragon all the way to an oil then you'll have RSO and that's not so great for vaping although it can be done. Since you don't need to decarb it, a QWET extraction would be better since it doesn't have the polar compounds you get from the tincture process. That's for flower or other plant material. The liquidizers work with RSO, too, though.

If using shatter then you don't need to make a tincture from it first. Get a concentrate liquidizer like Joker recommended. Most of those are pg/peg blends but I prefer the terpene solutions like those from Connoisseur Concentrates. It's a bit more expensive but well worth it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok thanks again, Is there a QWET process is your like or prefer? I am using a wax liquidizer product at 1 gr per 2ml and it seems to work pretty good, I just really prefer the concentrates and after trying countless types of those halfers and 1ml cartridges found a setup that really, really works,the first couple times i used it with the same juice it was like that song one toke over the line, and hadn't felt that feeling in years so am really motivated to make my own fully leaded ejuice. Sam you were such good help on the tincture and gummy bears, Ive got those dialed in, thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  10. All the QWET methods seem to be about the same. It's a matter of using really cold materials and equipment and really fast washes, 3 minutes or less. Freezers or coolers with dry ice work best. It's pretty much like making Green Dragon except that you don't need to decarb for vaping. Evaporate at low heat but no purging is needed.

I'm glad I could help. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. With the Connoisseur Concentrates do you need to add anything else to the extract? I am winterizing 5g of shatter. ..will I need to add anything else besides the C.C. terps? I did order some viscosity extract liquidizer

12. No, you don't need anything else. The CC doesn't even need to be winterized but the Viscosity does. There's no other ingredients you'll need. You can add other terpenes if you want but the CC already has profiles. The thing about the Connoisseur Concentrates is that you mainly have to buy 5g although you can get a sample pack.

The Viscosity worked very well as long as the concentrate was winterized. It was pretty lousy if not. The CC didn't give any problems but you could see the wax develop at the bottom of the cart but it didn't affect the hit. Both remained clear throughout. I used the Tangerine CC and the flavor was there throughout while the Viscosity was pretty neutral with the concentrated cannabis flavor coming through.

Let us know how it goes. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. As of now all i know is 5.25 g of shatter to 8T of EC is...…….awesome......thank you joker! And the winterizing is looking pretty good...followed directions on CC formula 2....could not get it to hit in a Liberty V9 and some other one, had to syringe as much as I could out from a 1ml to a half size topped each off with wax liquidizer and its really nice it just didn't go as expected, thanks again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I'll also add......terpenes are awesome and I'd say they are actually worth the price. I put 2-3 drops in a 5ml tank and it is pretty sweet

• Like Like x 1