can I tie branches down lower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by expertbomber, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I have a kc45 which is suppose to grow to a 7 foot plant OUTDOORS, im trying to tie back some of these branches to let light in but im scared incase I do it to tight and the branches fall off,, can I tie them branches lower or what or will it be too much stress?
    [​IMG]

2. to tie branches down.

use ur finger and pinch the section of the branch u want to tie. it wont break it..just PINCH it. and then bend it along that bend then tie it. if u just tie it without bending it may snap.

3. they wont go herm on me if I do that? im figuring as the plant grows taller the branches will get pulled down gradualy,, jst dont wanna stress it I have another girl in there wit it tied up the same and it would put a complete downer on the experience if they where to both go herm

4. Tie her down, push her face in the pillow, she'll love it.

5. Bend that sucker down! You can bend it in half with no ill effects - I do this all the time to maintain an even canopy. Just pull it right over with some soft yarn.

J

6. You're over thinking this - they aren't going to "go herm" on you. You've been listening to too much Stoner Science. Pull that plant waaaaay down.

J

7. ok I get u all, treat her like the bitch that she is, rough her up, pull her hair, slap that ass till it gos red, give a kiss on the head and tuck her into bed,, I am going out just now but when I get back il get a pic up,, I saw her today and them branches are already bent right over due to the stretching,, il show u when i get back in.

8. looks like you tied the lleaves lol

9. you can see how much them branches have been pulled down in the past couple of days [​IMG] heres a lil stitch I got flowering in with the kc [​IMG]

10. I'd cut that main stem off, right below where the second node is with the fan leaves. Then watch those bottoms take off. Or if you don't want to do that much stress, then lst that whole stem, like it has been talked about in this thread. I don't understand what you did in these pics and what it accomplished

11. Tie a string around the plant around 3/4 of the way up the stalk and pull it down until the top is almost touching the soil. It's amazing how much these plants can and will take as far as abuse. I sometimes take healthy plants and literally snap them in half - folding them righ over. I'll literally break every branch on the plant. If you bend it back and forth, squeezing the stem it will fold over right where you want it to. In several days a big knot will grow where you bent it over. If it actually snaps, a piece of duct tape will hold it in place for the couple of days it takes to heal - and then a big knot will grow.

Here is an example. I'm doing this right now just to show you. In this first picture is a healthy stalk, but lets say for the sake of this post that the plant is getting too tall. I want it lowered so I can bend it - training this plant. In the 2nd picture is where I just now rocked it back and forth, bruising the stem until it folds over. The third picture is a close up of what I just did. Sorry about the quality of the pic - it's just my phone.

In two days there will be a hard knot where the stem was bent, and now this branch will grow horizontally for a while, and the end of the stem will grow upwards. When it gets too tall again, bend it over again...lol

I train my plants constantly. I can make a plant six feet across, but only 2 feet tall by doing this.

J

12. One more pic. This is a plant that I use for a mother, (I just saved it to take some cuttings from) but a few days ago I bent the two top branches completely over, cutting its height in half.

If it ever actually snaps, remember the duct tape.

J

13. idea was to let light into these nodes, if you compare the picture uploaded there to the one from a couple of days ago you can see growth happening in where the nodes are which isnt by coincidence,, its the light getting tot hem,, only thing is my approach isnt the best and could be better and lst'n the top cola all the down will certainly be a better approach in getting more light to the area,, dont want to top this kc45 because as I read thats where the plant gets its name from as the "air bus" so I dont wanna loose that

14. thanks Jerry for taking the time out to give me usefull advice n for the pics u showed me to illistrate what ur saying,, that is what I am going to do

15. I see. Yeah some don't want to top for that reason. Jerry's advice is the way to go, for what you are wanting to do

16. does the main cola still produce as normal if it is lstd like that?

17. yeah man its this main cola I can see from other grows that has the heavy yield so im scared to loose that,, going to bend that bitch right over :)

18. You're very welcome! I do suggest doing this to healthy plants though.

Now, I'm doing some transplanting right now into 15 gallon pots of homemade soil, and was tying down a couple of plants, so look here - see how far you can tie them down.
    Not everyone is comfortable with bending them over, so tying them down may be the way to go.

J

19. I don't really see what tying those branches down is going to do. Like most of these guys said, you should be tying the main stem down so light can get to the budsites.

Then, instead of getting one massive cola you will get a lot of medium sized colas. Overall, it will definitely improve your yield.

20. yeah I know im slowly coming round,, one step at a time bongattack one step at a time