Can I tell if my seeds are autoflower

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ori.wolcon, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Ok so I have seeds that may be over 15+ years old from my grandparents who have a seed stash, and I think it's all bag seed. I'm not some douchebag and I have a green thumb and some cfls, I will plant 3 seedlings and sort which are male or not and probably flower early, however I don't know if I can do that as my seeds are unknown completely!

2. Oh and I'm desperate and exhausted as fuck right now, is it workable if I have 12/12 light after sprout if these aren't autoflower

3. #3 ori.wolcon, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Here are the seed, I realize that the yellow one is shit and probably won't sprout but anyway ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413151556.709482.jpg

You can see my 100 watt CFL in water reflection

4. There's no way to tell from seed, but I highly doubt you have 15 y/o auto flower seeds. You don't need auto flowers to flower early though, photo period plants can be flowered pretty early as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yea autoflowers didn't come around till 06' before that no one had autos that was knew about. autoflowers come from the ruderalis was always around but never grown or used due to the low thc levels and potency. Lowryder is the first know auto to hit the market

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks to you and orange , I'm actually dumping those seeds and got some browner and harder ones, do these look any good to grow? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413152548.106658.jpg

7. they look like good seeds to me. I would drop at least 2 just incase of a male popping out. If you have the room you could drop them all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright, and I'm gonna 12/12 these as soon as I plant, I'm not so worried about my yield this is personal grow, hopefully all goes well for me, and thanks for the help :D

9. Anyone know if I can grow literally in closet only because I'm unexperienced and broke not willing to grow large and with vents and all that. Also this will be my first ever grow and hopefully I can get some real seeds because I'm interested in this

10. Whats your living situation? do you live with family, does it need to be stealthy? What about smell any concerns? If you live with your girlfriend or family that doesn't care and smell is of no concern well than yes you could grow in your closet. But if it is a grow that you want no one to know about you will need a carbon scrubber to kill the bud smell when in flowering. If people are nosey and snoop through your room and things its not a good idea cause your cover will be blown, unless you lock your door to your room

11. my setup i just made for breeding only cost me about 50bucks. It is a rubbermaid turned upright with a power strip and light socket connectors, covered with aluminum tape for reflective material. Could grow 2 decent plants in it or 4-6 clones

12. Living alone in apartment so smell is not very bad, but neighbors knowing wouldn't be too good. I also read that carbon scrubbers and stuff like that is only used for large grows, and thst with 1 or 2 plants (what I'm doing) you cm's just cover the smell; is that possible, like I get a odor eliminator or even some febreze.

Also this is my first ever grow and I'm out of bud with no dealer, I love growing plants and generally have a green thumb, grew some kickass sunflower seeds were maybe 6 feet tall but pot was to small and it died. Anyhow if you have any tips for me I'd be glad for the advice, I know how to identify female from male early on from hairs, and I'm gonna straight 12/12 as soon as I see life, I'll have too look for the link but some guy here on the forums in 2009 did 12/12 and had it semi compromised because he had to move it outdoors in shitty state then continue flowering, eventually died from spider mites.

Oh and thst reminds me, do I have to worry about insects and shit? Sorry for asking many questions and I know I should search, and how often do I water my plants, I'll only have it seedling and then straight into flowering

13. Well I'm gonna throw in my two cents, but febreeze certainly will not even come close to covering the smell of dank. I am on my first grow, I have two plants that have just started shooting pistils everywhere and it really is starting to smell quite bad, and I haven't even flipped the switch to 12/12 yet. You may be able to get away with ona gel for the first two weeks, but once you start seeing bud its gonna smell like some good stuff unless you have a fairly low odor strain like northern lights, so I HIGHLY recommend a carbon filter with a small 4 inch fan. I know a guy who grew in a very small space, but still managed to stink up his area quite a bit and got busted thanks to the mail man.

As for bugs, keep you space clean, get yourself some neem oil just in case, and for the most part you should be alright. As soon as you notice something, get on it right away so they don't spread. I have the most problems with my dirt plants in my greenhouse (I grow veggies) and they seem to like dirt much more than hydro plants.

Seedlings need to watered only every 3-4 days, and not that much. vegging every 2-3 days, and flowering everyday.

I grow in Hempy buckets in a solo cup and I've been quite happy with my first run so far, I'd imagine a bigger pot and my plants would be much bigger, but I'm going for a sog and need to keep plants below 20"

Sorry for the ramble... I'm stoned

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

• Like Like x 2
  14. That's the thing, fuck. Probably cannot get a carbon filter , nor the fan

15. Well I shouldn't ask this since you're new just like me to growing and you're stoned, but I do have a shit load of activated charcoal and I guess I could get a fan

16. I for sure would look into making your own then, they are very easy and at least you won't have to worry about smell, ventilation, and heat all with one stone haha

I believe there are some very cheap and quiet bathroom fans that will do the job on a budget, I know I was recommended one by a few people, I'll send you a link when I can find it!

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes carbon is cheap you can get some for about 5 to 10 bucks Fans you can get cheap also and make one for cheap maybe 20bucks all together. I made a micro ona bucket but that runs about 50 bucks it works great though. I just stick it in the same room where my box is and it smells like fresh laundry. The gel is probably too weak and will only mask it, the bucket eliminates the smell and i have a plant going into 7 weeks of flowering. You can google the charcoal it might work not sure though

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well I'm fucked, no carbon filter or fan for me :(
    I have a ceiling fan and that's all, mostly broke ATM can't afford to get the filter and a small fan. I'm growing 12/12 first sign of life and these seeds are well over 15 years or so old. Not sure if thst helps but yeah any other suggestions, I'm also gonna yield 2 plants at once and throw one out female or male

19. Alright so I'm about to sleep and concluded I'm gonna attempt too mask smell if I can, may not even be any this seed is old as fuck and there was a lot of Shake at bottom of the seed jar I took from grandparents, no smell!

That and is it true sativa dominant plants give off more smell and indica dominant plants give off less ( these seeds may not even germinate I shouldn't get hopes up ) because I don't think there were many hybrids back 'then'

20. Can't sleep. Went out and met a girl things happened and I have a bowl that I've half smoked
    Thanks too EVERYONE helping me you provided great advice too me and just Ty I'm stoned ily y'all stay Gucci ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413177607.316968.jpg