can i sue mcdonalds for this

Discussion in 'General' started by kangaroofire, Oct 23, 2012.

1. I went to mcd!s at 1pm and ordered a big mac and a holiday pie. i reached into the bag and pulled out the pie out of its box (i was driving so i didn't look in the bag or box), ate the shit, now its 6pm and i just threw up for the 5th time. upon lookong in the bag for the recripy i noticed the pie box said expires at 1030. They knowingly served me expired product and as a result ive been sick all day and had to call out of work. lawsuit?

2. 10/30? its 10/23

3. You smoke too much weed brudder

4. 1030AM. i still have the receipt with the 1pm time i went through and the pie box with the exp date

5. Why? They served me expired food that made me sick. I'm not supposed to do anything bout that?

6. No. The problem is you ate Mc Donalds in the first place lol. Shits not good for you, your body was just letting you know.

7. Not a helpful answer. please only make relevant post, thanks

8. lol no! it's 10/30 ... they don't put time on expiration. when have you ever seen an exact time on expiration dates? I'll tell you when....NEVER!

9. I meant for thinking it was past 10/30, but you clarified lol.

10. You actually can sue for whatever reason you want. Doesnt mean youre going to get payed

11. if thats the case I would say you legitimately have a case, but don't get laughed at of McDonalds cause it was date and not time :D

12. Get off your high horse shorty

13. [quote name='"kangaroofire"']Not a helpful answer. please only make relevant post, thanks[/quote]

You would spend a shit ton of money to carry out a lawsuit. I'd make the argument that you should have inspected food that you didn't prepare before ingesting it. The box had an expiration date, your fault for not taking it back and not getting refund/replacement.

14. OP...was it you that couldn't open the wine bottle last night? we need to get you in a rubber room brother...

15. 10/30 Exp...

October 30th perhaps?

16. Are you sure it meant 10:30 am? Because I don't see how something could go from fine to completely rancid in 2 1/2 hours.

17. tbh, I think it is a dumb reason to sue someone. That's all people seem to do these days.. It also could just happen to be you eating that - it being fine - and you were gunna get sick anyway. The 300g trans fat just assisted.

18. Well this is awkward.

19. I hope he was high as shit when contemplating this