Can I study while stoned?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Evans, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. If I study while stoned, can I get a good grade?

2. #2 mactheman, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Some say smoking cannabis help them study etc ,,,but for me it wouldnt ,my mind would start wondering about ,,and i couldn't really concentrate on what i was doing but thats just me every ones different ,,,so id have a smoke after studying to relax ,,,,mac,,

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. long as you actually study.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. something with a lot of lemony SMELLS will boost alertness... smell orange oil / lemon oil periodically... and too- getting high and researching endocannabinoid system will fit the research material LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. hey man...you can see when I started smoking at my grades.
    not that I think you cant remember or anything. but like mac said...
    just that you wonder off and end up thinking about anything and everything exept the subject you were on...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I haven’t smoked in a long time but it did help me focus.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That's going to depend on you, how you're wired and how you're driven.

Cannabis helps me greatly in retaining and memorizing things such as for a language class. It helps me be creative and push my limits, too. But for some people it would probably be a distraction. You're gonna have to motivate yourself to stay on track. I couldn't see myself getting high and doing math very well.

The good grade depends on you solely, not whether you smoke or not imo

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Thats depends on the subject. You can get high to explore your thesis and major ideas for a paper, but for math, science, anything that requires logic, forget it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Id choose a strain that promoted focus and creativity depending on the assignment. I always smoked before writing assignments after I had all my notes.

10. I mean, really it comes down to, can you study while you are stoned? Get high, and study some shit. Write down questions as you are reading, then, after you are done, look at the questions you wrote down, and see if you can recall the answers. If you can, then yes, if you can not, then no.

• Like Like x 3
  11. When I was in college, I always studied high. I did my bachelors in mechanical engineering btw. So it was challenging materials I was studying. When I studied after smoking a joint, I could put aside everything else and concentrate on topic at hand. I could think more clearly and solve challenging problems. But everyone is different. What worked for me might not work for you. Also I never smoked at school. I always waited to get back home and then smoke. A few time when I smoked at school, I got hella paranoid and became antisocial. So I always waited to return home before I smoked.

12. Hell yes.

It depends on your tolerance really, but I enjoy the readings a lot more when I smoke.. Great multi tasking lol.. No but seriously.. Depends on you really and how you handle it.. Start small.. Feel it out... Be careful!

13. I accidentally got high before a physics exam in the second year of my science degree. I had misread my calendar and thought the exam was the next day, so I figured, why not smoke a couple of bong hits? After smoking the weed, I sat down at my computer and looked at the date. I quickly realized my exam was on that same day. I remember walking into the exam hall with stoned red eyes. I don't know how I managed to pass that exam, but I did :p

14. ofc bro you can. during high school I would get high everyday and never be sober and i still get good grades all you have to do it just keep up with all you have do not delay anything

15. that's the problem isn't it....the delaying things.
    not just with studies but in general.....just have to stay on top of things

16. I'll give you an example. In my last class there was a guy who got an average grade of 1,0( scale goes from 1 to 6)
    That dude did absolutely no drugs didn't even drink and had never touched a pussy.
    I , a drunk chainsmoking hedonist got 1,6.
    The last two months I didn't even show up.
    Take what you want from that example I think it could be used for and against studying high

17. Yes you can study while you're stoned...as far as getting a good grade I don't know how you learn, how you memorize things, or how smart you atre, so I can't answer that.

18. i think i will image not study. lol

19. I didn't always study high due to not having any. Any time I did however my grades came out better. Chemical engineer so my curriculum was also quite rigorous. Stoned to the bone through; trigonometry = B, calculus I, II, III, B, B, A, Plant Design = A. Don't know if it would work for everyone but for me it was the best study tool I ever could have asked for.

20. Better smoke at home :pimp: