Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I still use this for brownies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by fuckthecops, Mar 27, 2013.

1. So my friend made a batch of brownies last Thursday. He used the method where you melt butter in a pan and then simmer the weed in it. He strained out the weed and put it in a cup. (Brownies came out great!) The butter soaked weed is currently sitting in my fridge and its still pretty green. Can I still use this stuff to make another batch?

2. So wait.... I'm confused, your friend originally made cannabutter, but then he strained the weed and used the weed for the brownies but didn't use the butter??

Either way... if you have bud butter then use it. Don't understand the question really. What would be your other option, throw it away?

3. No. He has the weed that was strained out of the budder.
    If it was only simmered for a short period of time, then absolutely yes.
    Most budder recipes call for heating the butter/MJ mixture for hours. All the cannabanoids haven't been removed yet.

4. Got ya... I'm an idiot lol

5. Ok cool! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't at risk of being moldy or something