Can I steal my own car back from the tow company?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by poi_boi, Nov 3, 2009.

1. [quote name='"angelstra"']...My car got impounded for not having a fckn permit.

So i stole a bike and rode it to the bank, then tow lot and got it back :D
    I too thought of just going in a taking my car, but they had a fckn gaurd dog. No fun :|[/quote]

Stealing bikes, fucking dickhole.

2. I stole my own car back from an impound lot. I live in San Diego and the police department did not see my temporary registration permit that was taped to the back of my window because i have tinted windows on my Buick. So by mistake they called Roadside in Mission Gorge to come tow my car to their lot. Subsequently i wake up the next morning showered and ready for my morning lectures. I come outside to start my car and it is gone! I broke into a severe panic because i thought my car had been stolen. I called the police to file my car stolen, the dispatcher informed me that my car had been towed by Roadside Towing. At this point i was infuriated and thought, how can they legally steal my car"! Therefore i had my brother drive me to Roadside and began to speak with one of the men from the tow yard. In order to substantiate proof of my claim, he walked me to my car and i unlocked my door and showed him the temporary registration sticker that was displayed on my tinted window. He agreed the officer may have mistakenly called the tow company because he couldn't see the sticker. However he told me that i need to march up to the mid city police department and tell them that to take liability for the towing fee. So that's exactly what i did. When i got to the front desk the woman working the front desk was a complete bitch, she said that there was no proof that the sticker was in my window even though i peeled it off my car and showed it to her. I then contacted her supervisor who was also stagnant. She claimed that SDPD is not responsible for the fees and that when they took inventory of my car there was registration found. In that moment in time i became hysterical, i began laughing because i had a devious plan to engage. Right before i left the police department i said to the woman, " Bitch i am stealing my car"! I then walked 4 miles down a highway and under a freeway overpass. I finally arrived back at the tow yard after 4 hours at the police department. I walked into the tow-yard main office and there were two women paying fees to the man that assisted to my car earlier. I gave him a familiar nod and stated, "I left important documents in my car may i retrieve them"? Without hesitation he opened metal barred gate and walked me to my buick. I get inside my car and without moment notice i lock my doors, start the ignition, slip my gears into drive and take off toward the open gate. Instantly the guy closes the gate and a doomed feeling sets the mood. My adrenaline is pumping, "What do i do"? Theres no way i can drive through half inch thick steal bars. At that moment i slam on my brakes and because of the dirt and gravel i spin out of control. One of the workers used a fork lift to trap me in a small corner of the lot. Panic set in, he was walking towards my car from behind and i had to think quick. I drove in reverse then slammed the giant garbage collection bin that was trapping me and drove 20 mph towards the weakest fencing in the yard which was chain link. I hit the fence and broke through and lit up a smoke. I ran a few red lights and got a mile before sheriff vans and an undercover charger pull me over. The police told me to shut my car off. One of the deputies yelled, "Fuck your cigarette"! They grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back and put me in cuffs. I was searched, questioned and harassed. However the police are there to protect and serve thats why they towed my car. (sarcasm). I was telling one of the nicer officers that they had towed my car by mistake and i was having a shit day. He asked me, " can you prove that we towed it by mistake"? With an exited tone i answered yes and told him its on the front seat of my car. He went back to the car and retrieved the paperwork and ran my car history on his police issued laptop. He was baffled and confirmed to his superior that my car was indeed towed by mistake. Right then and there i knew God was real because he said that the SDPD is responsible for the fees. He then gave me two options. Go to jail for misdemeanor vandalism of the fence, or talk with the owner of the company who owns the fence and discuss payment plans. The fence belonged to the machine shop next door. When i arrived back at the tow lot you can tell all of the tow lot employees were pissed off because i almost hit one of them. Moreover i met the owner of the fence and shook his hand firmly and apologized. He must have liked me for having a pair of balls because he waived the fee. Told me his guys can fix up the fence easily, and did not have no pay a single penny for the damage. The cops handed me my keys and i drove home feeling like the luckiest man alive.

3. ^^that's some imagination you have there

4. No im telling the truth it happened recently. Ill post a picture on this thread to prove it if you like, the chainlink fence scratched my car up pretty bad lol.

5. Sound like some GTA 5 ish.

6. this guys had his car back for years.

interesting idea though. i hope he did it. fuck towing companies and all that shit, its scummy.

if you have the title to a car and its gets towed, i'd say take that shit back.

if it gets repoed and you take it back, that in my eyes is stealing.

7. Yeah but for real this thread's been raised from the dead. It's weird because I remember reading it back when he actually posted it.

8. :hello: As i promised here are the pictures of my car after the tow yard, if you read my story hopefully it gave you a good laugh! And i agree with oldSCHOOL_toker, tow yard companies are pretty funny, thanks for taking the time. These are pictures it took today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

9. You would be charged for theft of services and trespassing on a gated lot. I'm at dispatcher at a towing lot and when I seen this post it struck a cord with me because someone stole their car of our lot a few months ago. One of the very few times we had our gate open which makes me think he was stalking the place just waiting. Of course we had all of his information and when a car is impounded we inform the police immediately. So it goes without saying that we reported the car STOLEN, when it was found with the owner it was a big or deal for him in which he went to jail for said charges and then the police informed us of the where about's of the car. We retrieved the car and he couldn't be released from jail until he paid a fine, which was the cost of tow and impound fee. Did you guys really think they didn't have a charge for that? Come on now, you can't even look at someone wrong now a day's without being charged with a hate crime. Besides most impound lot's have a bitter,pest of an employee out for revenge. Like me. Good luck. (mic drop)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. It would be theft of service
    They the tow company performed a service -removing your illegally parked car.
    They have a right to payment and hold the car as a lien to make sure you do pay.
    So if you do take back the car they will report it to the police and file charges that are about the same as shop lifting. Pay the bill............................ You fucked up.

11. I will leave that info posted even though it is an old post for reference purposes.

12. Oh shit I never even saw this
    You are correct, fuck me I wasted my time Oh well

13. Where do you think auction vehicles come from besides old car rentals. Stolen by the cops and tow yards.

14. OP is 10 years old..

• Funny Funny x 1