can i start FLOWER NUTES?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmmartins, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Hello guys, wondering when its time to start giving nutes for buds :D
    Its my second grow and first one with nutes. The first one i only used sun and water ^^

Attached Files:

2. Forgot the pics ahah
    also didnt use nutes on vegetative stat IMG_2206.JPG IMG_2208.JPG IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2211.JPG IMG_2212.JPG

3. I'd wait until they start flowering, myself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. when do you know its time? Any visual signs?

5. You bet. On the tops (new growth) it starts to look different, you can see the early pistils.

Like this.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks. I will post some pics here before starting the nutes :)
    Stay tune ^^

7. Nutes are simply plant food. And honestly, how much or whether you need them and to what degree totally depends on the soil you're growing your plant in. We buy some superior soil at a ridiculous price, but I've found that because the soil is so good and jam packed with everything this plant needs, it requires very little added nutrients if I use smart potting methods. We don't grow auto strains...only stick with normal strains of seeds. But we run on a 10 week cycle. About a week or two before my next batch goes in for flower, I take cuttings to resupply my next batch. When we harvest, I restock the room with a new batch and by that time, my clones have roots and are in 1 gallon pots or Solo cups...depending on the variety I'm working with. By keeping the amount of soil the plant has to root into limited, this speeds up the process and gets the plant to growing foliage quicker. Taking a seedling or a very small young plant and putting it in a 5 gallon bucket of dirt isn't smart because it will take the plant forever to root into that much soil. Start small and only up pot when the plant is larger than the container it's in. Go up in size by degrees instead of making a huge leap in pot size. By doing this, with each repot you get a fresh supply of natural nutrients from the soil and don't have to add nutes. We generally don't even start them until right before they go into flower when they're in the final container they'll move to for flower. But until a container plant has used up what is naturally in the soil, there is no need for more nutes. If you're growing in good rich earth, you probably won't even need any. The biggest thing is providing good enough drainage for these plants. They need a soil that is light and arid...not that they won't grow in something else because they'll try their best to grow in the absolute worst of conditions, but giving their roots ease of movement creates a larger and better root ball and that's a good thing. The roots are the nerve center of the plant and if they're not happy, the plant isn't going to be either. The one picture above where I can see the container you're using...your soil looks a bit light on perlite. If you're using an off the shelf potting mix of any kind and though it may already have perlite in it...as most do, you want to have a mix of about 30-40% perlite and the rest soil. The better drainage they have, the better they'll do. But your plant looks really healthy at this point and until the summer solstice occurs and enough time to get the hours of daylight down to where the plant can actually sense it, your concentration should be on growing that plant bigger. You don't want to fry it with nutes, so depending on how long it's been in the pot it's in and what kind of soil you're using to grow, don't give them until you know it's used up what's already there. But if the plant outgrows the container before you see it start to put on buds, you'll need to transplant it into a larger container. But don't be worrying about flower until "flowering" time starts to happen. Then you give flowering nutes. It sure looks good, by the way. You've got several more weeks to watch it be pretty and grow before flowering will start...depending on where you are. Just give it all the light it can stand, water it only when it's almost dead dry, and make sure your drainage is as good as it can be. I wouldn't mess with it at all right now if it were me. But next time you do one, add the perlite to soil from a box store or, if you can manage it, get your hands on some real good formulated grow soil. I didn't think "dirt" could make that much difference, but I was a total idiot in the beginning. LOL I drive about an hour one way and pay $26 a bag for the stuff we use. But I do it because I know what a huge difference it makes in the plants. Always be watching for bugs when you're doing an outside grow. As a matter of fact, depending on where you live, your climate, etc., I would be doing some reading up on what to be looking for "bug wise" in my part of the world. Once the plant kicks into flower and becomes stronger and more loaded with resin, there are tons of pests that can screw up your plant real fast if you're not paying attention. Be careful touching the plant because it's real easy to deposit bad stuff. Do all the self education possible. The more you know, the better armed you are for whatever situation that might pop up. But you can't beat the sun as your light source and if you know what you're doing and are blessed to live somewhere that you can utilize it without having to worry about going to jail, a person could easily grow 2 or 3 plants and cover themselves and a few others for the year. We flowered 4 extras last year on the deck and got around 5 pounds after cure. They were monsters and the buds were dense and huge. Keep her happy and healthy and you'll get a great harvest too. Good job!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow I didn´t expect such answer thank you a lot :D
    I learned a lot just from your answer. Next time i will try your method with various pots and more perlite. I will also try to use the topping technique in autoflower just to make some experiments xD i was thinking in using some living soil also. Lets see how it goes xD
    I will keep you guys updated ^^