Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I smoke stems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yellowsky, Dec 8, 2009.

1. I searched around but not much.

Will I catch a buzz if I break up some stems and pack a bowl with them?

2. You certainly wouldn't be the first to try.

I wouldn't recommend it though... the stems have very low THC/ toxin ratio and really will probably just give you a bad headache more than anything.

However, if you have enough stems you could potentially shake them for keif, or even make qwiso hash with them for an excellent smoke, check the sticky for more info.

3. They taste nasty.
    Not much THC in them.
    Very harsh.
    Probably will get a headache (though I don't).

However, if you smoke enough...you will get high.

The choice is yours.

4. So far I'm 2 bowls in and I'm catching a bit of a buzz. Maybe 4 will do it. No headache either, I blame Newports for that.

5. yea you can smoke stems. i've done it before.. it's super weak tho you gotta smoke em for a while before you get a substantial buzz..

6. i got lightly buzzed but when i tried it, i grinded the stems a bit... taste was horrid. i couldnt finish it.

7. yess.. if u are broke and are out of ganga go on ahead, but trust me u will need a grip of stems before u hit even a buzz on it.

and in the future: yes leafs (with a lil trichomes) can get you high also :bongin:

8. I wouldnt do it. But, to each their own :D

9. Short Answer:
    No

Long Answer:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. If you like inhaling noxious fumes

11. Me and a couple of friends were left with about two spliffs worth after smoking an 8th the other week (yes it was a bad cut). Cant say it got me high at all or any of my friends but all our tolerance's are high as shit from smoking daily dank:smoke:

All in all, I would never smoke them again unless I accidently left a very small stem in my grinder amongst a very fat nug.

It also tastes like pure shit if you smoke only stems.

12. collect and make some has from them or throw them away.

13. You can but its a headache.

14. Yea stems is like for emergencies and your desperate. I'll admit tho when I get pretty high I just say fuck it, I'll leave the stems in lol.

15. I smoked stems for the first time today. well first I smoked a bowl that was like 1/3 weed and 2/3 crushed up stems. I got a little bit high. but then I desired more, so i smoked another bowl of just crushed up stem. I feel pretty high right now, nothing special but high. I haven't gotten a headache yet, either

16. smoke resin

17. theres really no reason to if the weed you got was so bad your thinkin about smokin the stems imagine how the stems smoke