Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I smoke after passing a pre-employment test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Laurliz, May 22, 2018.

1. The employee handbook states that they only test for reasonable suspicion, and post-accident. I'm still scared to smoke. I would never smoke before work, only after, to help me sleep. I'm most likely overthinking this, just need some reassurance!

2. I work in finance so I have the same deal. I can say in my 4 years at different companies but similar roles I've never been randomly tested. Like your plan, I don't smoke before work, only after, and certainly never during breaks. The only times I smoke before work is a hit or two when I have a late start and usually not even then.

Of course I can't attest to all companies and the likelihood of random testing probably varies from state to state, country to country, but I can say in my experience you'll probably be ok if you smoke after work. Just keep yourself safe and avoid accidents at work. Luckily for me I've never been in a workplace accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Super helpful thank you!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. They can but if what you're saying about the handbook is accurate then I wouldn't worry about it. I been at my job 14 years now and I was only tested one time, pre employment. And that's hard to do cuz this place will make up a reason to send you for a drop.

5. Most places do not want the expense of random testing so they only test if you are in an accident, or they have a reason to believe you are high.

• Agree Agree x 1