Can I revert back to VEG?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hajji28, Jan 29, 2020.

1. So my plant took a beating when I over fed her... I was wondering if there’s a way to revert back from flowering to Veg To get new growth considering most of the old is damaged...

2. You can. The question is should you. Usually unless it's a rare strain that you absolutely must save it's better, faster, higher yield to just start over from a new seed or clone.
    In the length of time it takes to revert, reveg and then reflower the plant you've spent almost twice as long messing with it.

Unless it's dead, dead just let it finish as best it will while you get the next crop under way.

Post pictures and a bit of explaining what you've done so far and we can make a better call and how to advise you.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ran phed water about 8 gallons so far since I overfed .
    Literally every leaf is like dead... I mean she’s green and you some little new growth still so I don’t think she’s dead she’s just having issues getting nutrient uptake.. I plan on transferring to fresh soil but hard to get right mind around this time where I’m at. A lot of the white hairs on the buds have turn an ember color already as well ... I’m nervous she’s dying but I’m not giving up on her..
    She’s worth saving super good strain not sure about rarity but super rare to me I could say... I did clone her so it’s not about saving the gene at this point it’s about at least getting somewhat of a harvest that’s smoke able

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. She's not that bad. Seen worse finish with a fair yield. Stop flooding her. Use more LITFA. (leave it the fuck alone).

Part of what you seeing could be partly the normal fade most strains exhibit as they get deeper into flower.
    I've harvested the full range of plants from strains that never drop a single fan and finish with all their leafs intact and green to others that start to shed their fans the 2nd week in flower and at the finish all I have is sticks and buds with not a fan leaf in sight and damned few sugars for that matter.

Most fall somewhere in between the 2 so just let her finish is my advice.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Grab a handful of clones, place them in a aero-cloner and leave the light on for 24hrs a day. Just use a soft light, like T5 or some CFL bulbs will do, even some low powered leds. Use a light nutrient solution in 10:15:10 ratio or similar.
    Looks like you had a heating problem or possibly root (rot) damage.
    Brass gives good advice too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It’s worsened since that pic though.. but I’ll take your advice and leave it the fuck alone lol. I didn’t flood her I let it dry first then ran 5 gallons just to get some of the over feed out... then did it again but still no real growth or progress ...
    Hopefully the nugs grow ..

7. You think it would root in this stage ? I have two already that have rooted from right when I switched to flower

if it was heat damaged wouldn’t it have been hurting during its growth ? she’s been in the same temp the whole time have kept the light same distance away.. I don’t see this being a heat issue.. and I let the medium dry enough before I watered so idk how it would happen

Do you recommend a transplant to fresh soil?

8. I wrote looks like heat damage, doesn't mean it is. Could be roots are rotten too. I don't know what its complete history is, just offering suggestions.

Yes I think you can still clone it. Can be tricky, its why I suggested the aero-cloner.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I know I was kind of asking since temp hasn’t change all it’s life heat wouldn’t be a factor right ?

and how can I identify root rot ? Or can you point me to a good article you recommend

• Like Like x 1
  10. what are the temps? I may have missed it if you reported. Generally, veg state likes more heat, but flower does not. Vapor Pressure Deficit is also something to look into.
    As far as root rot, I say that, but you can include a bunch of other pathogens that may not be at the root, but in the vascular tissue, like fusarium. I've read quite a bit on it, but can't think of any particular study that would help other than general google searches. Did you use any beneficial organisms, mycorrhizae? Root Rescue, RootShield, Hydroguard, Voodoo Juice, etc. are examples of beneficial organisms (aka bennies).

• Like Like x 2
  11. try this article. If you suspect a fungal infection, do not take clones, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Just get rid of everything and start over with everything bleached and peroxided a couple times at least. Bad watering practices can cause this, but really, its the fungus that causes this.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I have not gave it any beneficial organisms .. it was around 77-79 degrees it’s whole life . Maybe 80 on a warmer day

I don’t suspect any fungal infections but how can I identify this the clones I currently have came off a healthy plant.
    Should I do a transplant into fresh soil to see if there is any root rot ?

13. Another question is would this just randomly happen she was in veg for 3 months... I grew her for a while... I had no issues and then only thing I can think of was the over feed.. she was so healthy and growing and filling well.

literally the only change was the added nutes when I noticed a slight potash deficiency

14. look over the ones I listed and think about adding some. Mammoth P has proven benefit in growth. Also 80 is over the mark (although I go over some times and ... potential problems).
    I'm not sure who far you want to take it. Its your decision how much more work you want to contribute to the plant. Sure you can crop something from it, but its not going to be optimal no matter what. Pathogens are normally isolated and identified in a laboratory; kinda difficult to just spot without the appropriate experience.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It may very well be over fertilization.

• Like Like x 1
  16. did you do a slurry test ?

17. No. I just googled what this was lol
    i don’t mind puttin it a little more work considering I put all this work in already

• Like Like x 1
  18. Do a slurry test and report the results for us.
    If you are growing cannabis, you should invest in an EC (or PPM) meter and a pH meter.