Can I mix coco coir with soil from outside?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by StressBeast, Dec 1, 2017.

1. I have a bit of soil that's been sitting in a ziplock bag that i dug up on a moist day under dead leaves. I cooked it at 180 for 20 minutes to kill bugs and seeds that might have been in there.

I heard that you shouldn't grow in clay based soil. I'm in the North east region in the US, so that's what's around here mostly. But can I mix the soil with the coco? I'm sure it has some nutes, and i can only afford some maxibloom.and a ph kit.

I'm asking because I feel like it would make for a more stable growing medium than just coco.

2. I've seen plenty of grows in all coco coir using hydro nutes, but I live in mid eastern US and have grown using soil that I've basically made over a summer with leaves, a very small amount of miracle grow potting soil, cardboard, fruit and vegetable peelings, etc., and a massive amount of earth worms that seem to be absolutely everywhere in my yard. In fact there are definitely living earth worms in my pot lol. And I haven't used any nutes at all so far...... I also water occasionally with fish tank water.....the rest of the time is just tap that has sat for in excess of 24 hours Lol.

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

3. I love these type of experiments

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk