Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I mix AVB with Ice Cream?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tokinbrah, Sep 5, 2013.

1. i have about 1g of some pretty good avb lying around. could i mix it with some ice cream and get baked? i've made firecrackers before, i just haven't eaten avb raw. are there other foods i could eat raw avb with to get a more intense high?

2. from what I understand you need anywhere between 2x and 5x as much weed if you're gonna be using abv.  I haven't had any edibles with it yet, but I plan on cooking anyway.  The THC has been activated already, so it should work, but I'd rather cook it in something fatty so more gets absorbed.

3. Cook with it, don't eat it raw.

4. I guess..... Might be more trouble than it's worth imo.- you'd have to heat up the ice cream ~200 degrees w ABV in it so the fat extracts the thc, then refreeze it. Idk if the fat content is "high enough" to get you "high enough". 

5. false.

you can totally get high by putting your abv in ice cream. you'll probably have to use several grams though.

6. I guess the vaping would sort of act as the "decarb" phase? But what about the molecules that are only reactive at higher than vaping temps?

7. #7 CannaClay, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    No you CANNOT.  Yes the AVB is already decarbed but it does not have a vessel to enter through your intestine walls with.  It has to be binded to something you can digest.  So if you were to bind it to the cream or some other sort of fat and put it in your ice cream than you would be golden.  But a certain amount of time vs energy(heat) has to be applied to make the mixture of cannabinoids and fats homogenous enough to digest.

So please don't listen to that one guy and just mix it in and eat it.  It is not only a waste of material it wont taste very yummy.

edit: also the effects from the AVB will be more narcotic/make you super sleepy than it be a nice round high.  most likely the majority of THC will now be CBN and that is what causes this.  There could be higher amounts of THC and less CBN if you vaped at a lower temp.  But I like to vape at higher temps to get a nice round high so my AVB is pretty degraded.