Can I midst plants just before lights go off to try and treat deficiencies during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kushman87, Feb 20, 2017.

1. So as my question is can when or as the lights go out for the night if in the early stage of flowering no budmass as of yet, still lots of foliage can I use Epsom salts as a spray form or with some biobizz fishmix? To try and green some of the leaves up a little of course, the plant is still growing not even 2 weeks into flower yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If not two weeks into flower do whatever you want. After two weeks that's it you can't touch it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok thanks!, so basically if I'm not quite at the 2 week mark I can try a fine midst foliage spray, very fine,weak mix of some Epsom salts to see if they like that. After the 2 weeks mark its a deffo no?

4. Spraying the plant with anything is a bad idea. Give the nutes to the roots, that's what they're for

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yea I didn't read into it. I'm going to agree with @GoldGrower. I thought you were trying to treat a insect or plant mold problem. Yea if it's just to feed it don't bother. Spraying during flower should be last resort and only done during first two weeks. That's my final answer

• Like Like x 2
  6. You can withing the first 3 weeks. Once stretch is over it is not a good idea because of the bud and potential of mold. So you are in the stretch period and mist shouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. So you would go against the ok under two week flowering spraying thing then my gold man?

8. I'm liking all your opinions guys but still not too sure about it, they look as if they've stretched a little already with about 11/12 days of 12/12 now., so I might try it out at a very weak dose on my "problem
    Plant" see how she likes it during lights out, there's heaters(blowing type) in the room
    During lights off to try avoid lots
    Of stretching by keeping the dark period warmer than the lights on period, plus I'd say they're
    Is adequate ventilation in the box
    Room., so I might give it a go. Should I just go for it guys?

9. Just make sure light is off or going to be off, make sure to have air flow to prevent stale air and misty leaves.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you good sir! I sense you
    Might be an organic if grower?

11. Yes very much so, I have seen way too many people damage their foliage from spraying and it isn't to do with the lights. Nutes are supposed to be drawn up through the roots anyway. Wetting the leaves is just going to block stomata and once dry leave a salt residue that can burn the leaves. I really don't see any advantage to spraying plants unless you're dealing with pests when the pest is worse than they spray

• Like Like x 1