Can I just....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by King Hemptune, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Grow my plants like a normal house plant? Like you know without all the fancy lights and shit Just in a pot and on the window?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sure for a few grams in a several months. The sunlight on the window sil will keep it alive but it won't be enough to fully grow like a true outdoor plant that has full coverage intense light.

If you're looking just for a hobby and not to be stocked with weed than I'd say rock on and put a little plant in the window and treat her like a side hobby.

3. Cool. I don't really have the time or money for a big operation. Just want to keep it simple. Any tips??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. LMAO, I asked this very same question about two years ago...

5. It can be done but I wouldn't expect anything smokeable as in hard bud or anything, everything would be soft and leafy. You could process the whole thing for hash though. Just 2 cfl bulbs would give you a couple of hard nuggets.

Some plants do better than others in low light conditions, but something like a tomato plant, cannabis, or any other production crop requires a LOT of energy to produce it's fruit. Doesn't mean you can't grow it next to a window, it just means you won't grow anything useful.

tip: feed your plant organically for best results, recommend espoma tomato-tone and wormcastings. Top-dress once a month.