Can I just snip a bud off my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheMysticMan, Jun 11, 2006.

1. The wait is killing me....ugh.

Its about 2-3 weeks from harvest I would guess. White hairs 25% brown/red. Dont have any kind of magnification lens available at the moment.

So, my question is, can I just snip a small one and throw it in the bowl? I know it wont taste well, but will it produce the high?

2. Have patience. Most of my regrets in this hobby stem from impatience. Every thing in nature has a time, a rythem. I would gro even if i couldn't get hi

3. Yes, but i wouldnt do that 2-3 weeks from harvest its not going to be very good, give it a week b4 sampling i say.

Obviously u also have to dry it, u can do that, by oven at low temp or microwave on defrost until its basically dry.

Patience, my friend patience...harvest time will come. :smoking:

4. I must confess... I snipped a bud from one of my plants, dropped it in the microwave, rolled it up and smoked it. It was pretty darn good and I could not help myself. Warning, it will catch fire in the microwave so you have to watch it...

5. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']I must confess... I snipped a bud from one of my plants, dropped it in the microwave, rolled it up and smoked it. It was pretty darn good and I could not help myself. Warning, it will catch fire in the microwave so you have to watch it...[/quote]

Wow that would be pretty funny to see.

6. Yeah, it was a bit startling at first. The small leaves still attached to the bud, just burst into flame and i freaked. However, as soon as I opened the door the flames were gone and the bud smoked really nice. You just have to hit the bud a few seconds at a time. Don't throw it in there and hit the on switch and walk away....:eek:

7. Wouldnt the flame from the lighter serve the same purpose?

8. I was not trying to burn it at that time. I was trying to dry it out. Much easier and faster in the microwave than trying to do it with a lighter.

9. plus all you do to a wet plant is scorch it until it ashes, it won't "burn" like you would normally think it would.

10. Trust me, I was there... The leaves attached to the bud literally burst into flame and smoked up my kitchen... However, it went out quickly and did not seem to affect the bud.:smoking:

11. Well, I am trying to be patient, but they look so tasty:) I think if I do snip one I will at least try to dry it for a day or so. If not, the microwave on low defrost sounds like a plan.

Thanks for the help guys!

12. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']I must confess... I snipped a bud from one of my plants, dropped it in the microwave, rolled it up and smoked it. It was pretty darn good and I could not help myself. Warning, it will catch fire in the microwave so you have to watch it...[/quote]

Person 1 and 2 standing around the microwave waiting for the weed to dry... the weed bursts into flames.

Person 2: Dude... the microwave just smoked your weed... he fuckin jacked you.
    Person 1: What the fuck? That little bastard!!!!

Person 1 proceeds to attack the Microwave.

Person 1: Gimmie my fuckin' weed back bitch!!!!

13. Amen to that.

14. i imagined just that when he first told the story. thats fukedup haha

15. [quote name='Toke"N"Chill']Trust me, I was there... The leaves attached to the bud literally burst into flame and smoked up my kitchen... However, it went out quickly and did not seem to affect the bud.:smoking:[/quote]

SUPERLOL! Next time make us a movie, genius!

Good things will come to those who wait!

16. [quote name='urgr8estfear']SUPERLOL! Next time make us a movie, genius!

Nice attitude pal... You must be very popular.

17. I'm sorry dude no foul intentions here.

Its just that I can image oh-so-well the look on your face when you saw the microwave over smoke your grass for you.

'Seeing' someone else frying up his weed by accident IS ACTUALLY VERY FUNNY!
    ;)

18. I thought it was a funny story as well. That is why I related it when the guy asked about harvesting a bud early. However, I did not appreciate being called a "genious" implying that I am some sort of an idiot. I can assure you that I am not.

19. By the way, I did mean 'genius" not "genious". I have a good command of the english language, I just can't type....

20. took a lil nug off my plant while it was still fresh, put it in the bong, and hit it, it smokes u just have to light it a little longer and he said he was high