can i have your advice please?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Laucass83, Apr 21, 2019.

1. #1 Laucass83, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Just took out the girls out of tent for general examination ..
    Day 9 after flip.
    Please tell me what would be causing browning and drying on upper leaves edges.
    I'll be gone for the day. I reduced a bit nutes ratio and put the fresh air intake pipe at her base. Also moved the plant one foot away from light.
    Note. Other plant growing with it is a saliva 3 times its size and have none of these leaves issues.
    Thanks
    WIN_20190421_08_25_24_Pro.jpg WIN_20190421_08_26_11_Pro.jpg

2. One more... WIN_20190421_08_33_27_Pro.jpg

3. Looks to be NUTRIENT BURN

HERE IS A PIC

Cutting back on the Nutrients was a good move .

The reason for this is, because a newer grower will use a chemical nutrient
    most of the time and listen to the directions on the box. This is a NO NO!
    Depending on the age of the plant, size, strain and soil mixture you are using
    also has a factor. There is no set guideline when using nutrients, but I can
    give you a good example to start out with so you will not burn your plants.
    It’s always good to start out light, rather than feed heavy. Remember you can
    always add more later, but can not take out when you added to much. Chemical
    and Organic nutrients differ. Chemical nutrients are more readily available
    and can burn way easier than organics can. Organics are easier for a newer
    grower to use, most of the time, and lessen your chances of burning your plants.
    I recommend not using more than ½ teaspoon of chemical nutrients per gallon
    of water. Unless the plants are very big 5 feet+, then it’s safe to use 1
    teaspoon per gallon of water. When your plants first emerge you want to wait
    at least 2 weeks before feeding your plants, unless your plants are in a soiless
    mixture, like pro mix. The cotyledons (its first set of round looking leaves) are
    what give the plant its food until they get the first 2 or 3 sets of leaves. If
    your plants are in a soiless mixture and are over the first week of age; you can
    feed a weak amount of nutrients, like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water. Soiless
    mixtures are different from soil plants and soiless plants need to be fed more
    when using this mixture.

I also recommend not feeding more than 1 time a week if using ½ teaspoon per
    gallon of water for chemical nutrients. You can feed every other day,( this
    goes for chemical and organics) at very weak amounts, but doing this may contribute
    to over watering, and for that I do not recommend feeding more than once a week.
    Some people feed 2 times a week using like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water.. Use 1/4
    strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from the 2nd feeding when
    using chemical nutrients. It’s very easy to overdo it. When using organics, depending
    on which one you’re using, I recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. When the
    plant gets bigger you can work your way up to using more nutrients when the plants
    get bigger.

As for soil mixtures, there are a lot of different kinds of soil’s out there. Using a
    rich soil mixture is not recommended for seedlings. Seedlings that are under 2
    weeks of age you do not want to start them in rich soil, using a seed starter
    mixture is one of the safer ways. Seed starter mixtures are weak in nutrients,
    so it will not burn the seedlings but will provide them enough to get past seedling
    stage, but the downside is you have to transplant into a better soil mixture after 2
    weeks of age. If you decide to start with this mixture, do not put your seedlings
    into a big pot. Start them out with using a cup or a small pot.

Nutrient Burn causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. They can also be brown
    and twisted and crispy looking. Depending on the severity it can show many different
    symptoms and shows on lower part of the plant when its young, at older stages it
    can move anywhere on the plant. The burn will creep into the center of the leaf
    causing it to curl and dry up. It depends on the specific nutrient that is in excess.
    For example, too much nitrogen causes leaves to curl downwards and too much potassium
    creates brown spots near the edge of the leaf. Either way, nutrient burn may potentially
    kill your plant or lead to it having a strong chemical taste.

To fix the problem when you have Nutrient burn, you want to flush out the plants
    with lots of water.

Soil

Soil should be flushed with lots of water, Use 3 gallons of water per one gallon of soil.
    Flush very thoroughly, after plant recovers usually after a week, you can resume using
    nutrients after a week or a week 1/2. When you flush your soil, you flush everything out,
    a lot of nutrients go with it, including the soil nutrients.

Hydro `````````````````
    Change out the reservoir, flush out any lines and clean out the entire system and
    replace with plain water for the first hour, then start out with lower parts per
    million (PPM)
    Its good to clean out your system every 2 weeks and replace with fresh water and
    nutrients. Some people change everything every week!

Ahh, nute burn! Stop this by not adding to much chemical/organic nutrients to your
    water,foliar feeding. DONT feed more than 1 time a week unless using weak amount,
    use 1/4 strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from then on when
    using chemical nutrients. Its very easy to overdo it. Causes leaf tips to appear
    yellow or burnt. NEVER give nutrients to plants that are under 2 weeks of age, at
    this age the soil nutrients are enough to suppliment them untill 2 weeks of age or
    more depending on how good your soil is. Using ferts before 2 weeks will almost
    likley kill your plants.

\ NUTRIENT BURN#7.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Did not expect overfeeding. I was looking for light burn.
    Growing in coco perlite I'm using Canna brand and have not feed her with the full recommended dose yet.
    However I've started cannaboost and did not get any response on what frequency to apply so I go one day with and one without....

5. Thank you for your precious help. Just flushed her generously with room temp water with shower head. Ill' be posting some updates.
    Cheers.

6. OK I'll be here , got her on watching ...lol

7. Looking back on the things I've done
    I did not water my coco properly
    I used her sister now 3 times her size to gage how much nutes she could take
    I misread overfeeding sign as heat stress...
    Hope she'll recover fast lights will turn on in 7hrs... I'll flush her again with PH'ed water and Cal. Mg.

8. Thank you for your fast response the other day. I could catch it before going to work and it saved her life. The next few days after flush all fan leaves fried and new growth had burn tips. Looking better today.
    Cheers. WIN_20190425_15_59_54_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's great news . I'll stay with ya until she's back, if that's good with you my frriend

• Like Like x 1
  10. Canna has feed schedules on their site.
    But I can tell you the boost dosin8 is listed as "20ml per 10 liters is standard and can be increased to 40ml per 10 liters for extra flowering power "
    That being said I am using Cannas full line I'm currently feeding at half strength of the "normal " feeding strength.
    Cannas site has some good articles on coco .
    So does this site.
    growing.How to Prepare and Buffer Coco Coir

11. Thanks for your advice. I'm now feeding half strength too. In fact I use 2L PH water then 2L with reg dose. About cannaboost, the guy at hydro store suggested me feed once a week but my understanding of the label was to use everyday... so I was going one day with one without. And to maximize the effects was I cutting on watering dose the day before and let the roots dry a lil bit so they would take more when fed next day. But the true problem is I don't have a dripping pan and had never watered my coco to runoff. Roots hit the bottom of my 7g + were salts built up and I topped it with extra strong ppm nutes solution.

12. If you read some of the Canna articles you'll see your suppose to water with your nutrient solution at least once a day.
    All the up and down is not good also when you use just straight water you are damaging the "buffer" should at least be cal mag in it.
    But with the Canna nutes you should be at the same ppm every day and when you go up or down in strength you should do it slowly over a couple days . This provides your coco with a stable steady NER
    Always water to significantly runoff.

13. #13 Laucass83, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    this is some precious info. Thank you I'll go read right miaw
    Edit I found a few nice articles. Just smoked some big indicia now I don't remember shit I just red
    Gotta try tomorrow morning

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Here is some more info good site but Canna is ahead on the actual science stuff imo

cocoforcannabis.com

Coco Grow Guide

15. Yeah canna magazine and other article are exaclty what i needed to push it next level
    Tx again

• Like Like x 1