Can I grow right now in Florida?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by andrewh17, Jun 26, 2015.

1. I want to start growing and I will be getting get some seeds in a month or so and I was wondering if I can grow now? It's Florida but we do get frost in winters, I can shake tree after bad storms ect. So can I?

2. If you are asking if it is legal to consume/cultivate cannabis in the state of florida, then no. If you are asking if it is possible to grow it in fl, then yes it is.

3. omg, I mean can I start it right now in FL idc if its legal lol I want to plant now, end of next month, and I was wondering will it grow fine.

4. If your asking to grow outdoors in florida right now? I highly doubt it man, its much to hot right now and only getting hotter. If you have any chance in the world try to find the coolest/shadiest spot possible, but then you might not get sufficient light. Your best bet is to move yourself indoors man. If you are successful outdoors this time of year please let me know becuase i think its impossible.

5. I can start it in some shade, then once it starts to leaf I can move it to an open area with alot of sun and I can be out there 2-5 times a week to water it and if it storms I can run to it and try to make a makeshift cover for it so it doesn't get drowned Could it be done then? btw it's as hot as it's going to get. It's hitting around 90 and 100 on a bad day. But I've seen weed grow in much hotter.

6. I can also find a good area next to a stream/lake.

7. ok here's the deal. You're in a semi tropical environment.You can pretty much flower outside all year long. Grow them inside for begging, and then let them girls be outside when you want to flower . Make sure they get as much sun as they need.

8. I'm new to this, I'm buying seeds like mid next month and I was wondering if I can grow only outdoors, I don't have any light for growing indoors, if they are not expensive or if I can use a desk lamp I'll do it, but my mom could go into my closet and I'm fucked, Since I'm a beginner I'm going to get 30 regular WW seeds, and hope some of them grow well. Once I get them how long should they grow inside, and when should I put them outside, btw are lights expensive? or can I just use a like 100w desk lamp, I think it's strong because when I had it pointing towards my face, it actually sun burnt me...

9. ok chief. Here's what I would do.
    Get some automatic seeds. they don't care about photoperiod like regular plants. the benefit for you is that you can take him outside and then they will mature under 12 12 daylight that you have and then flower. automatically. you want to give them the most sunlight as possible and provide them the best growing area possible. It is possible to grow autos to Yeild 3# or so, you just need to know what you're doing. Please take a look at lst, and other training techniques.

10. pretty much is what I'm saying is that you don't have to worry about the light schedule for them you can take a plant outside planted from seed and within about 10 weeks you will have a flowered plant regardless of length of daylight. it's a godsend for people like you lucky enough to live in a tropical area

11. #11 Ebcrew, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    yep, great advice here..

Im sure they will adapt to the heat. I just remember i put my plants outside for a day (i also live in a subtropical place, very hot) and the plants did not like it at all! So good luck man that heat is no joke.

Edit:
    So now im thinking even more.. When the temps in a grow room get too hot the plants become stressed and could possibly hermie.. What makes growing outdoor in florida (or other hot, subtropical climates, where the temps are 90+ constantly, even at night the temps are hot as fuck) any different

12. I dunno what hes talking about it only gets to 100 in florida on a bad day, its been 112 in florida this year already, factor in humidity and direct sun.....yea

13. I have not seen that temp yet, I'm down here in lakeland.

14. #14 hihl, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Yea how about not telling exactly where you live on a forum that is dedicated to growing cannabis, when you live somewhere that it is illegal to grow cannabis and consume it. Up to 1 year of prison for each plant.........just let that sink in.

*I am also located somewhere in florida, and it has hit 112, i should know i use to work outside.........When you listen to the weather and stuff they give you the straight bars of the weather not the added in fact of the humidity along with different locations. aka Blacktop/Tar/and heavily vegetative areas.....seeing as how water/water vapor refracts light. You can get a sunburn here in florida right now in 1-2hrs.

And the REASON i know this, is because ive taken a hygrometer with me to work. All the way up to 90% Humidity with a temp of around 100 Degrees will translate into 110+

Also Humidity past 50% During budding is bad, it will lead to bud rot. And seeing as right now in my very own house its 45% Humidity.....i dont want to know what its like outside.

15. This kids so gonna go to jail lol...wait a few years and start reading up

16. Jail or get grounded by mommy

17. He not only posted his state but city as well. Lol discretion is necessary when breaking the law

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Hey man I'm also in florida.... And I have 20 feminised seeds white widow and candy cream and I was told to plant April or may.... The longest day is like june 28th with like 14 hours of sun.... Some people say your plants won't flower unless its around 12 and some say you have to have more than 14 hours of sun or they will go straight to flower.... I'm confused... And I already have the seeds and am trying to plant may and I don't want a crappy yield. Maybe I don't understand....

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk