can i grow in regular dirt?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by anamosity28, Apr 5, 2009.

1. hey whats up i was just wondering if i can grow my plants directly in the ground with no purchased soil i found a real chill spot and the soil is real rich and looks like it would grow well if you could answer this question it will be gladly appreciated any tips or ideas would be good to thanks

2. okay you have to sprout the plant b4 you put it in the ground. it also can grow where corn grows. id pick a spot dig up the ground smooth it out,go buy that miracle grow garden soil spread that over it. and it should be fine or go buy the MG oraganic soil.
    + rep plz if i helped your ?;)

3. Yeah sure but you need to know the pH. The rich black humus soil is very acidic. So you can dd some wood ashes to it to raise the pH (1 ounce per gallon: do the math). As crapsking said, take out rocks and dig nice holes, keep the native soil, mix it with ashes (or powdered dolomite lime or eggshells). After 1 month mix in some composted horse manure (cheap)(1/2 shovel) and maybe some blood (1,5 cups) and bone meal (1 cup) for a 2x2x2 hole. Or leave the rich stuff at bottom hole (don't mix it at the same time with lime). Lime is added before manures and meals (or separated). Sounds good to me if stealth is ok. Maybe just some wood ashes and you're good to go.

4. sure you can... but youll get better results with these easy amendments...

5. Sure you can grow your plants directly in the ground, it may even be nutritious soil and you could get a good yield. Or it could be barren dust and you get stuff all.

Dig a hole and fill it with good compost, you will know what you are growing in, your plants will be sure to yield well.

Give some liquid nutes as well, and away you go.

When growing MJ, as with many human activities, what you get out is directly proportional to the time and effort that you are prepared to put in.

6. But, yet again, we have all wasted our breath.
    anamosity created this thread on 5 April, has never bothered to return.
    Happens all the time.

7. Its only wasted if no one ever reads it and HMMMMM I did.

8. not wasted.....i was going to ask the same question..............

only thou i have only one seed. I live on the east coast (ontario)when should i start germinateing my little seed so i can stick it in the ground at the best time.

As you know its still pretty cold out during the eveings

9. #9 Rastamonk420, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    my buddy planted in his backyard payed no attention to his plant and it grew 13 inches and then died so i would guess as long as you follow advice from expirienced users and pay good attention to your plant im sure you could

10. You can if you want to I won't risk it not until the soil is treated still have microscopic bugs and all . That can potentially harm the plant. Used to live in Colorado my buddies he always said if you want to use regular outside soil you gotta bake it to kill microscopic bacteria and bugs it's all really up to you I always go organic then if you want to try it and you don't put it straight in the soil Let It Grow for 6 weeks and you can put it in the soil if that's what you want to do. Miracle girls really not that great of a nutrients for marijuana tomato plants yes marijuana no that's coming from the source from some of my buddies that live in Colorado.

11. No no NO to mircale grow ANYTHING. Ok so now that's out of the way, yes absolutely 100% yes you can grow in naturally rich fertile soil that's awesome. Bring in some fresh biology in the form of a small amount of good compost and maybe some peat moss if your worried about it having to much clay. Then plant some white clover to fix nitrogen into the soil and your set!

12. How would one go about treating the soil?

J

• Like Like x 1
  13. too much hassle unless you know what your doing with
    Way to bring up a 7 year old thread :p must be high.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. microbes are part of a good living soil, why sterilize it? (unless it has some bad pest problem, but then i just wouldnt use it at all)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Be sure u add nice amount of perlite and horse manure or just perlite. Marianas loves airy spongy soil.if the dirt retain too mutch water claim looking u will get low quantity buda

Sent from my SM-G800F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Go online and order Dr. Earth premium gold 4-4-4 or total advantage. Really any of them work good. It's all organic. If you really don't want to go in the soil just get a cammo10-20 gallon root organic bag and plant it in that. Just remember to slice some holes in the bag after transplanting. With marijuana growing I have always done very well by K. I. S. S (keeping it simple stupid) I get 1_2 lb plants out of 10 gallon pots. You never "have" to plant it in the ground. People think it's all organic because they plant it in the ground.... Well it kind of is but the plants do shitty because the ground soil sucks. 1.5 cubic ft. (10 Gallons or 3 cubic ft. (20 gallons) roots organic soil.....take out half e the dirt, plant your plant, wait 2-3 weeks, Scratch Dr. Earth total advantage dry nuits into your soil, wait 1 month, scratch Dr. Earth flower girl into soil, water obviously and that's it! It's really that easy. Good luck! Folier spray organic "organicide 3 in 1" every week to avoid mold and pests later in her life(very important!) all diseases can be prevented but you have to spray!