Can I grow healthy plants with these soils?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by time and cheese, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I have been searching for soils I can grow healthy plants in. I found several soil recipes containing peat moss, perlite, vermiculte, worm castings, etc. But in stores and nursery the only thing I can find is peat moss and Miracle Gro. But I have found some soils in stores that supposedly can grow healthy plants like flowers and fruits.
    One of these is a vegetable compost for plants that contains:grass, leaves, branches, fruits, and vegetables.

And the other is a organic soil that contains spaghum, compost, and natural fertilizers.

My question is can I grow healthy plants with at least one of these soils.

2. With the exception of MG, many of the soils offered at retail stores are just dirt w/ some perlite mixed in. MG works good, I really do not care what others say, but I have used successfully several times over the years. What you do is get some spaghum moss, perlite, and vermiculite. I use one small bag of each to every 2 cu ft of MG soil, this gives you about 4.5-5 cu ft. Also, Fox Farm is great soil, however it is insane on shipping costs if you order online, so it is best to find a good hydro store.

less

3. yeah mg does work pretty well I have used it myself....hell I did a hydro recently with mg plant food for nutes just had to use some potassium nitrate and epsom salts too and relly cut way back on the amount used per gallon.....was some awesome stuff to 1/4 lb. off that girl.
    As for the soil I have some called expert gardner from wally world right now im using and I have a nice lady coming to the end right now in it and she is looking great.I wasen sure how well that was going to work as it said it would feed up to 6 months but a four footer in a five gallon bucket and she really soaked up water and nutes fast shit had to water a couple of gallons every day for a couple of weeks after she took off.then I did a good flush and lower leaves are yellowing and shes sparkling with trich's she burns good and tastes great.A little sample just a few days ago gave me the answer to this soil.
    the mg soil is being evaluated by me for my own satifaction right now and the plants are not as nice as the expert gardener ones but they are looking ok and it was mg organic too not the reg mg soil.