Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I get MM Card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Connections, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Hi I am currently wondering if I could get my MM card for this reason. I really have trouble sleeping ever since I was a kid and in my teens (19 now) ,My mind just wonders and I cant stop thinking about stuff so I dont usally fall asleep to 2a.m.-4a.m. every night (morning I guess) untill I start smoking weed on a daliy basis for a few days and i'll be able to fall asleep when ever I want. I was wondering if I went to a MM doctor he would recomend me for MM use/card lmk thanks.

2. if it helps you, then yes.

3. So if I go to a MM doctor and explain my sitiation he'll ok it.

4. I have this same problem with going to sleep ever since i cut down on smoking weed I can never get to bed anymore unless i smoke weed..

5. LOL! Uhhhhh....NO! Nice try though!

"Hey Doc...ever since I was a wee toddler I've had difficulty tying my shoes unless I've been completely fried out of my gourde, can I get MMJ"???

C'mon guys, look how hard it was for people who have Cancer, Aids, MS, Epilepsy to get a MMJ card leagaly. You think they will give it to you because you cant sleep? Not now anyway, better luck in the future though.

6. I never said that I wanted MMJ I was just saying that I have trouble with sleeping and yes it would be very hard to get a card with an excuse like that but hey its worth a try.

7. wow......... i was just about to post a question like this i too live in cali and i too am 19 and i was gonna try for the same reason insomia i cant sleep till like atleast 300 or 400 am... crazyyyyy

8. Umm, doubt it actually. The only thing that medicinal marijuana is used for is a pain killer for glucoma victims. I doubt they perscribe it for any kind of insomnia.

9. Here, let me give you guys some advise:

Turn off your tv and video games at a decent hour, read a book and dont sleep till noon!!

If this doesnt apply to you then ignore it, im just saying what worked for me!! Chances are you guys dont have insomnia, just poor sleping habits. Good luck.

10. Thats not correct

11. Not true it's not only prescribed for glucoma victoms many of my friends have cards for varrouis other reasons
    Crazy im in Fresno/Fremont here what about you

Mabey,but it's not an excuse it's a medical condition and mm is the medicine that I have tried that helps the condition.

You Sir Are a Dumass,tying your shoes isnt a medical condition and insomia is.So if you dont know what your talking about and have no common sense why dont you just not post thank you.

Anyways i would like some more point of views of this,mainly people who acutally have had or have thier card or know for a fact and no dumass remarks like lebeef. Thanks guys

12. i live in pomona area close to Los angeles, and im sure you can get a license for insomia, probibly after he prescipes you different sleeping pills and it doesnt work, in california its pretty easy to get a mm license, i knew a guy he was probibly like 52 years old and he told me he can get me a license for just $125, id get it but i still live with my parents so i couldnt grow it even if i wanted :(

13. Oh, well whatever just a guess. It proably depends on where you live. Thats the only way you can get it here.

14. its called sarcasm you crippled chimp. Besides its an EXCUSE not a medical reason you have. follow my advice a few posts up and poof your "Illness" is gone! Ever heard the saying "stupid questions get stupid answers"??

15. Well im not gonna start a flame war. Let me state that I play video games mabey 30 min a week,and shut off the t.v. by 10:00p.m and I wake up at the latest 9:00 am,and insomnia is a medical condition as I stated eariler,which my mind wonders all over the place at night.

Anyways thanks for the info Im going to start doing reseach on mm doctors in my area who can recomend me for a card,I have never been prescribed a medicine for sleeping but my mother is prescribed zertec (spelling wrong) for insomnia which I have used and does not have enough effect to help.

16. It amazes me how quick people hop on here to bash someone and call them a faker. Insomnia is a legit condition and for many people marijuana does help. If someone says they have insomnia and marijuana helps them then who are you to bash them, i doubt anyone posting in this topic is a doctor.

In California (which is the state he resides in) it is perfectly legal to get marijuana for insomnia and many people do.

I really question why some of you even post in the medical marijuana section if all you are going to do is bash someone and call their condition fake. Not only that but most the people who do the bashing have NO CLUE about the medical marijuana laws in various states and countries and have NO CLUE on what qualifies and what doesnt. Its hillarious when people who arent even medical marijuana paitents go around telling others what they can and cant get medical marijuana for, if you dont know what you are talking about then just dont comment.

Connections: you said you live in fremont? Shoot me a pm and i can recommend youy to a good doctor out in oakland.

17. Thanks for the pm

18. WTF......Glaucoma does not hurt ya' Dumb Ass......the pressure makes ya' go blind....MJ is Legally used in several states For Chronic pain than can not be relived by conventional means and as an appetite stimulant

19. You can get it in Cali but probably not in Oregon. Some states are much more strict. California is not one of them. I believe California is any condition that it helps as long as you have tried other standard medicines. Like for migraines you have to go through the game of all the lame pharms that don't work, for me at least. Sounds like you got your answer, good luck.

20. Lebeef- Are you a physician? do you have the hippocratic oath hanging in your office? If not, who are you to tell someone you don't even know as an person, let alone have a doctor-patient relationship with....that their condition is not something that cannabis could legitimately help?

your sarcastic posts add absolutely nothing of value to this thread, and do nothing to help the original poster.

Feel free to PM me another kiddie note as you did before when i neg repped you

To the OP: I would be open and honest with your situation with the doc... let him know all of your concerns and discuss various treatment options. My guess would be that he'll prescribe an insomnia medicine other than cannabis, but the worst he can say is "no" when you bring up the medicinal marijuana issue. I highly advise you go to the doc not dressed like a typical "stoner" (leave the tye-dyed hendrix hoodie at home, lol)